~ 1.02 | The Job Offer

Resfeber:

(n.) The tangled feelings of fear and excitement before a journey begins.

A few weeks had passed since the visits, still unbearably quiet and slightly claustrophobic due to not being able to go outside but Cassie was coping just fine

She was now able to visit Draco, Narcissa had assured Remus the wards on the Manor would protect her. In fact, she was just getting ready to getting ready for her stay there when Remus appeared at her door - a smile on his face despite the impending full moon.

"Hey Pup, whatcha doing?"

"Just getting ready to leave, Blaise and Pansy are coming to the manor since they're going back to school soon. Why are you smiling like that? It's pretty creepy - hey, maybe that's why you don't have a boyfriend," she teased.

Regulus stood next to her with a considering expression, "I think you're right Cassie, he looks very murderer like right now."

"Tío Reg agrees."

Remus threw a pillow at her and they all laughed.

"But, seriously, what's up?" she asked once they'd calmed down.

"Well Dumbledore was just here ---"

"Ugh, Dumblewhore."

Regulus snorted while Remus gave her a disapproving look.

"Anyway, he had an offer for me."

"An offer?"

"A job offer." Cassie squealed in excitement, knowing how much Remus wanted to have a stable job.

"A teaching position." 

"At Hogwarts!?!"

"Yep."

"Professor Moony has a nice ring to it," she teased.

"You know what else he suggested?"

"Go on," she urged.

"That you join Hogwarts too," he beamed.

"REALLY?" at this point she was jumping up and down, grinning ear to ear.

"Yep, it should be safer for you if I'm there. Especially considering recent things..." he trailed off.

Cassie hugged him tightly, "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"I'll ask Narcissa to get your things. It's not safe for you to go to Diagon Alley and I'd do it but it's the full moon tomorrow."

"It's fine. Love you Moony!"

"Love you too Pup."

❾¾

"Your favourite child is here," Cassie called as she got out of the floo, still grinning.

She had arrived in their living room where they Narcissa, Lucius and Draco were having tea.

"Now that's just rude," Draco said in mock offense.

"Yes well, dear cousin, the truth hurts."

"Cassiopeia, dear, how lovely to see you."

"Afternoon Cissa. I decided to come a little earlier since you've been deprived of my wonderful presence lately."

"Modest as always Cassie."

"You know it Luci."

"Are you going to tells us why you're grinning like a lunatic, or..."

"Tactful as ever Draco. Oh, Cissa, Moony asked if you could Pick these up for me in Diagon Alley," she handed Narcissa her Hogwarts letter.

Draco gasped, "You didn't!"

"Didn't what?" she asked innocently.

"Oh Merlin, you did!"

"She did what?" Lucius asked confused, meanwhile Narcissa grinned and had him follow her out so the kids could catch up properly.

"He let you?"

"Yep!"

"Yesss!"

"Only because he's a professor now."

"Moony's a professor?"

"Yep, but it's a start."

"Pansy's going to kill you for not telling her first."

"She'll live," Cassie shrugged.

"You won't." Draco laughed.

"As long as I don't tell Blaise before her I'll be fine."

"You're going to tell him first, aren't you?" 

"Already have, owl'd him straight away," she smirked.

He facepalmed, "at this rate you'll not live to see Hogwarts."

"YOU'RE GOING TO HOGWARTS?" Pansy shrieked appearing from the floo with a smirking Blaise who winked at Cassie.

"Oh no," Draco sighed.

"Hello to you too Pansy."

"You have some explaining to do Cassiopeia! And why did Zabini get to know before me?"

Both Cassie and Blaise ignored her, clearly enjoying winding her up.

"How are you Bellissima?" Blaise asked kissing her cheek.

"Well. Blaise, you're looking handsome as ever."

Pansy threw a pillow at them.

"This is going to be a long three days," Draco muttered.

❾¾

Authors note:

This is a shorter one but hope you enjoyed it all the same! Xx

[Published: 29/11/20]