~ 1.21 | Time for Plan B?

Desenrascanço:

(n.) The improvisation of haphazard but completely sound solutions or plans at the last minute.

) The improvisation of haphazard but completely sound solutions or plans at the last minute

"I am not jealous, Zabini!" Harry protested, cheeks aflame.

"Mhm."

"Seriously, guys!"

"Sure looked like jealousy to me," Draco snickered.

"Come on! Ron?"

"Course you aren't jealous, mate," Ron reassured unconvincingly. 

"I hate you all."

"The feelings mutually, I assure you," Pansy drawled.

❾¾

Cassie's date was going fine, great even. Tracey was amazing, as always, and a child-like excitement was about them. Yes, it was lovely and everything she had hoped it to be until an unexpected guest appeared.

"Cassie!" A flushed Harry pulled the invisibility cloak off himself in a huff, "We need to go, Nott spotted me, and Hermione overheard him telling some of the others he saw you as well. We think he's going back to tell Snape."

"Shit."

"If we're not back before he is... We might as well start planning our funerals now."

"I'm sorry Tracey I-"

Tracey cut her off with a kiss on the cheek, "Go, I had fun today and I'm hoping that, if you did too, we could do this again, but not getting caught takes precedent right now. Stay safe, you gotta be alive enough to pay for dinner next time, yeah?" 

Cassie let a small smile adorn her face as she nodded, "Yeah."

Harry cleared his throat, "Well, as lovely as this is I'd rather not be one of Snape's murder victims so..."

Cassie's cheeks coloured, "Right, sorry."

Tracey gave her hand a reassuring squeeze before letting go and waving them off, and off they went.

Back into Honeydukes, cloak on, back down the cellar steps, across the stone floor, through the trapdoor, cloak off and tucked under Harry's arm. And then they ran, flat out, along the passage, running so fast that talking was just about impossible. 

Nott would get back first... how long would it take him to find a teacher? 

Panting, a sharp pain in her side, she didn't slow down until they reached the stone slide. 

They would have to leave the cloak where it was, it was too much of a giveaway in case Nott had already tipped off a teacher - Harry hid it in a shadowy corner, then started to climb, Cassie following as fast as she could, her sweaty hands slipping on the sides of the chute. 

Harry reached the inside of the witch's hump, tapped it with his wand, stuck his head through, and hoisted himself out; the hump closed, and just as Harry jumped out from behind the statue, he heard quick footsteps approaching.