~ 1.01 | The Escape

Immure:

(v.) To shut in; seclude or confine.

) To shut in; seclude or confine

The house was quiet Cassie noticed, much too quiet. The quiet unnerved her. She had always despised silence, it brought along thoughts much too loud to ignore. She much preferred background noise, forever listening to music and surrounding herself with people. 

"The only time it's acceptable to be quiet is when stargazing," she'd say." but even then, it isn't silent, not really. For the stars each old their own stories that they are eager to tell and the moon has far too many secrets to share."

She swore the night sky, and her music were the only things that brought her complete piece of mind, serenity like no other.

Today in particular though, the silence was peculiar.

It had been over a month since Draco came back for the summer and when Draco was home it was never quiet.

As she walked around the cottage, she also noticed Draco's unusual absence that morning. Worried about her and guilt ridden for leaving her for so long he'd decided he would visit her every morning - so, where was he?

After further inspection she also found the floo was closed, the doors and windows were locked, all curtains were drawn and Remus was pacing in the living room, his discarded Daily Profit on the coffee table face down.

"Any idea why he's like this?" she murmured to Regulus.

"Too many, each one worse than the last. Can you handle this one on your own, Cassie? I have to go check on something."

"Sure?" she answered, curious to if the day could get any weirder.

"Oh, Cassie you're up." Remus said, sounding glum and looking slightly frantic. "Sit down, there's something I need to tell you Pup."

❾¾

"He escaped?"

"I don't know how Pup, but yes, he did."

"He escaped Azkaban. As in the inescapable, dementor filled Azkaban?"

"Yes, he has escaped."

Cassiopeia nodded mutely, still absorbing the information before her.

"You okay, Pup?" Remus asked gently.

Again, she only nodded, the sparkle gone from her stormy grey eyes.

"Can I see the article?" she asked meekly.

Wordlessly he handed her the newspaper, observing as she read the page with glossy eyes.

Abruptly, she stood up muttering "Estoy bien, estoy segura, solo necesito calmarme." and walked to her room.