~ 0.7 | The Letters

Quidnunc:

(n.) A person who is eager to know the latest news and gossip.

) A person who is eager to know the latest news and gossip

"You will write to me, won't you?" Cassie begged.

"All the time, you'll be sick of seeing my owl!" Draco comforted.

"Okay, I'll miss you!"

"I'll miss you too, but Christmas isn't that far away."

"I know, you'd better go the train leaves soon." Cassie hugged him fiercely blinking away tears.  

"Goodbye Star."

"See you soon Dragon."

Draco ran ahead to the train as she watched when suddenly a hand grabbed her shoulder.

"He'll be back before you know it Cassie." Lucius reassured.

"I just always thought I'd be going with him." 

"I know but it's safer this way and I'm sure he'll send you lots of letters."

Cassie nodded watching the train leave sorrowfully.

❾¾

Dear Cassiopeia,

Hogwarts is just as magnificent as we dreamed it, Pansy and Blaise send their love. We wish you were here, it's just not the same without you. 

I got sorted into Slytherin with Blaise and Pansy like we planned. And you'll never guess who I met, Harry Potter! He's a right git though. He rejected my handshake and made friends with a Weasley over me - Can you imagine? Weaslebee laughed at my name so I defended myself and yet Potter sides with him? Preposterous! 

I must be going now; classes are about to start.

Lots of love, Dragon Xx

❾¾

Dear Draco,

I knew you'd get in Slytherin! Send my love to Blaise and Pansy for me. 

I'm glad you're enjoying Hogwarts. It's pretty boring here, your mum is supposed to be taking me out somewhere next week though and Moony's helped me bake some cookies earlier (There's some in the tin I sent for you to share with Blaise and Pansy). 

I'm sure you and Harry just got off on the wrong foot, but you're right that Weasley boy sound like a jerk. Are you sure you didn't do anything to offend him beforehand?

Write back soon, lots of love Star Xx

❾¾

Dear Cassiopeia,

How are you? I'm missing you terribly. Not much has happened since last week, except witnessing Dumbledore's blatant favouritism but according to father that's nothing new.

Do you remember how 1st years aren't allowed broomsticks or to be on house teams? Well Saint Potter has done both! He was caught on his broomstick - the details aren't important. But instead of being expelled he's become the youngest seeker in a century! It is simply unfair.

I must be going now it's almost lights out. Lots of love, Dragon Xx

❾¾

Dear Draco,

That truly is absurd! I don't get the house favouritisms, truly, it just feeds house rivalry that teachers claim they're above. Do try to keep yourself out of trouble! As for me I'm doing well, Narcissa is keeping me occupied. Being at the Manor isn't the same without you! 

Christmas can't come soon enough, Lots of love Star Xx

❾¾

Dear Cassiopeia,

I'm glad you're doing well. Pansy is unbearable without you - apparently Blaise and I aren't as good company as you are.

People say Hogwarts is the safest place in Britain, but I find that hard to believe. I mean, just yesterday there was a troll loose in the castle! A troll! Dumbledore sent us all back to our common rooms because it was said to be in the dungeons - but the Slytherin common room is in the dungeons! I swear Dumbledore is a fool. Luckily, the troll wasn't in the dungeons but in the girl's lavatory, so no-one got hurt.

Happy Halloween, Love Dragon Xx

❾¾

Dear Draco,

I'm sure Pansy is just being overdramatic; I happen to think you're all good company. 

As for the troll, well, I'm starting to think Dumbledore is as much as a blubbering idiot as Luci makes out him to be. I'm glad you're alright and please be safe.

With love, Star Xx

❾¾

Dear Cassiopeia,

I think you're right about Dumbledore, his age is probably making him senile - the old codger! Mum says you're staying at the Manor all Christmas I can't wait! I'm getting on the train soon, so I'll see you on the platform.

 Love Dragon Xx

❾¾

Dear Cassiopeia,

Pansy says thank you for the Easter eggs and has asked me to tell you you're invited to France with her in the summer. I don't know why I'm suddenly her messenger, but there you go.

I would have written to you yesterday, but I had detention. What for you ask, well I'll tell you. It was all Potter's fault I saw him sneaking around to that oaf Hagrid's hut and followed him and you'd never guess what I saw - a dragon!

I went and told McGonagall and the old hag gave me a detention along with Potter, Granger and Neville (who got caught up in this whole mess). We had to serve detention in the forbidden forest all night. It was servant stuff, honestly Cassie.

I have to go, it's astronomy class tonight - you'd love the class honestly. 

Lots of love, Dragon Xx

❾¾

Dear Draco,

Tell Pansy thanks for the invite and I'll be sure to ask Remus later. Your detention sounded dreadful - though I disapprove of how you speak of Hagrid and Minnie, they're quite a nice people you know.

Astronomy does sound delightful and I do love the stars, but I'll just have to do with some midnight stargazing for now. I don't think I'll be joining you at Hogwarts anytime soon, unfortunately.

Lots of love, Star Xx

❾¾

Dear Cassiopeia,

I simply cannot wait to see you; Mother says we're going with you and Pansy to France for the summer. I've just finished packing to get on the train tomorrow - Hogwarts is great but I'm excited to go home.

We had the grand feast earlier; all was great with Slytherin set to win. Then Dumbledore stands up and awards them over 100 points because 'Oh, Potter was so brave and Weaslebee played a great game of chess' it's horrible honestly!

I'll see you soon, with love Dragon Xx

❾¾

[Published: 16/11/20]