~ 0.6 | The Hogwarts Letter

Eccedentesiast:

(n.) Someone who hides pain behind a smile.

) Someone who hides pain behind a smile

1st September 1990

"Happy birthday!" Cassie awoke, surrounded by her family.

They were to have a small party together - Narcissa, Lucius, Draco, Cassie, Remus, Andromeda and Ted. Nymphadora would have been there but had to be on the Hogwarts Express by 11am for her final year so couldn't come, she had made sure to spend all the previous day with her instead.

While having all her family together was amazing, Cassie was much more excited about getting her Hogwarts letter than she was about any present.

Remus had listened to her going on and on about it for weeks now with a glimmer of guilt in his eyes that went undetected by Cassie.

She stayed up until midnight that day and yet she never got her letter.

❾¾

23rd December 1990

Cassie spent the day of Pansy's eleventh birthday in silent agony. Pansy had gotten her Hogwarts letter.

It wasn't that she wasn't happy for the girl. No, she was ecstatic for her, but she also felt something else she hadn't ever really felt before - jealousy.

Cassie still spent most nights wishing for her Hogwarts letter, hoping the owl had just gotten really lost and Remus still spent most nights guilt ridden seeing how upset she was over not getting the letter.

❾¾

21st April 1991

At this point Cassie had lost just about all hope in getting a letter, in ever attending Hogwarts.

It was Blaise's eleventh birthday and he too had gotten his letter. Not that he made a big deal about it, if fact he had tried not to mention it at all, but his mother had gone and announced it at dinner.

Blaise was one of the only ones who had seen how much not getting a letter was affecting her. He was always annoyingly perceptive like that.

It really did pain him to see her so upset - to the point where he had written to Dumbledore about her not receiving her letter, not that it made any difference.

The one thing he couldn't understand though was exactly why she didn't get one. He had seen her do magic, so she definitely wasn't a squib!

Why couldn't she go if she was perfectly capable able to do magic?

Blaise didn't know but he was determined to find out.

❾¾