~ 1.10 | The Quidditch Team

Slubberdegullion:

(n.) A worthless person. 

"Hey, you okay?" asked a quiet voice

Cassie slowly opened her eyes, quickly realising she was in the hospital wing. It was almost pitch black, definitely after curfew, and there was no-one else there. Sitting up, she met the eyes of her visitor - Harry.

"Umm... Yeah. Sorry, but what are you doing here?"

"Oh, well..." Cassie didn't even need to look at him to know he was blushing. "You, umm, passed out."

"Obviously, but that doesn't explain why you're here, or how you know that."

"About that..."

"Come on, spit it out Potter."

"I may have seen it happen."

"What do you mean you saw it,"

"I might have been in the room when you faced the boggart." Harry mumbled, growing more fearful of her by the second.

"We would have seen you if you were... " Cassie paused as the realisation dawned on her, "Oh Circe, Prongs' cloak - you have the cloak."

Harry's eyes widened, "How do you know about the cloak! I mean, umm, what cloak?"

Cassie snorted, "Real subtle Potter, real subtle."

He cleared his throat, "Anyway. Yeah, I was there, but Malfoy wouldn't let me see you."

"Wait so you saw ---"

"Your boggarts, yeah."

Cassie blanched, "Harry, you can't mention any of it to anyone!"

"I know, already had a warning hex sent my way to 'show what'll happen if I dare utter a word of it'. Never knew a stinging hex could be so deadly."

"Pansy," she sighed in exasperation. 

"Seriously though, you okay?"

"Why do you even care? It's not like we're friends."

"We could be."

"Yeah, I'm sure Weasley would be thrilled about that."

"Ignore Ron, he's great but he can be a right arse when he wants to be."

"I've noticed," she muttered.

"Yeah, sorry about that," he said sheepishly.

"I think you're too optimistic, Potter."

"Harry," he corrected.

"I know your name," she rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face.

"Then use it."

"You're insufferable."

"Goodnight, Cassie."

Smirking, he left the hospital wing and Cassie couldn't wipe the smile off her face.