~ 1.05 | The Arrangements

Monachopsis

(n.) The subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place.

(The fanarts I've based Millicent, Tracey and Daphne off of ^)

Cassie awoke early the next morning to the slight disappointment of last night not being a dream. It was only six but she knew there would be no use in trying to fall back to sleep so decided to get ready for the day.

She looked around her bedroom observing her dormmates' areas. Cassie shared her room with Pansy and three other girls whom she had met, albeit only briefly, yesterday.

Millicent Bulstrode, a timid brunette, slept on the end right bed. She was on the chubbier side but was still quite pretty, though the boys didn't seem to agree based off the rude comments Cassie had overheard at the feast. Millicent seemed rather shy and reserved but friendly enough.

Daphne Greengrass, a blond, blue eyed girl who seemed quite stuck up and self-adsorbed, slept in the bed next to Millicent. She was insanely beautiful and knew it, but that isn't what bothered Cassie - in fact that was probably the thing she liked the most about her, she definitely knew her own worth - what bothered her was Daphne's obvious distain for anyone she deemed 'below her status'.

Tracey Davis, a brown-haired half-blood, slept in the middle bed with Cassie to her immediate left and Pansy on the end left bed. She had her hair cut into a short bob, dazzling hazel eyes and a slim build. She seemed down to earth and funny with a rebellious streak. Despite only having a small conversation with her, Cassie felt drawn to her and also held immense respect for her knowing how hard it must be to be a half-blood in a house filled mostly with purebloods who have superiority complexes.

Seeing that all the girls were still asleep, she decided she'd just have to find her own way around the castle. Cassie got ready as quietly as she should; she opted to leave her dark brown, wavy hair down, wearing cuffed blue mom jeans with an oversized Nirvana t-shirt tucked into them and her black doc martens.

❾¾

After successfully getting lost several times, Cassie managed to find the great hall and sat down for breakfast. Not long after Tracey appeared and took the seat across from her.

"Did you have to get directions from a first year?" Tracey teased as she sat down.

"No, the Bloody Baron took pity on me showed me the way," Cassie laughed.

They sat together getting to know each other for a while as more and more students filed into the hall.

"God, you'd think you were the murderer with all the stares," Tracey said feeling all eyes on them.

"I wasn't just being paranoid then?" asked Cassie sighing slightly.

"I'll fix it," Tracey smirked.