10

warning: suicide attempt

when i was on the railing, on the erge to jump i hear a voice. "clay stop!" said someone running my way. "alex!" i say, running up to the mysterious man smoking.

"i haven't seen you in ages!" he says. alex used to be my bestfriend until i met george and nick. suddenly george pulls up, and runs up to me. "what are you doing here?" george asks, hugging me. i hug george tightly back.

"never do that to me again!" george says releasing from our hug. "i won't," i say smiling.

"who's this?" i ask, "oh uh, this used to be my bestfriend in middle school. i haven't seen him in ages." clay says. "oh, hi my name is george!" i say, "i'm alex" he says smiling.

"yeah, and george is my boyfr- i mean friend," clay says chuckling awkwardly. "damn, clay you have a boyfriend? you never told me you were gay.." alex says.

"hah, no we are just friends.." i say. "unless," me and clay say at the same time.

"well, it's late. i'll see you later!" clay says, pulling george to his car. they got into the car, and clay started pulling away. george's car was just a rental from a place near by, so they left it there.

"did you really mean what you said about me being your boyfriend?" george asks staring at clay. "hahahah, of course not. just wanted to throw alex off," clay says. "oh, okay.." george says looking out his window. 

clay's thoughts:
why did he say it that way?
does he want us to be together
i don't like him, do i?

clay looks over, and keeps driving. it was a awkward car ride, as they are still getting used to eachother in person.

they arrive home, and nick is there staring at them. "where were you? it's five am." he says pissed off. "uh, we where-- out.." george says. clay was hoping george wouldn't say because he knew nick was already disappointed in him enough.

end of chapter 8