Odd Serendipities

You pack slowly, ensuring that your mind stays occupied with your belongings - not able to wander and become inhabited with Natasha. Why do you find it so easy to daydream about her anyways ?

No. You're straying. She'll be here soon anyways to collect you. Just pack and focus.

The hours pass, to your surprise rather quickly and you hear a knock followed by a familiar voice.
"Hey Y/N, you ready?".
You open the door and stand before her, your packed bags answering her inquiry. She takes you in for a moment before picking up your duffel and carrying it with her.
"You don't need to do that."
She turns her head to face you, continuing forward.
"I know."
Before you exit the front of the complex, the rest of the team give you their goodbye's. As you move between a hug from Tony to Bucky you notice Steve speaking into Natasha's ear and smirking. She pulls away and slaps his arm playfully.
You can't help the vexed look on your face.
"Don't be so jealous, sweetheart."
You look up at the soldier. He's holding in a laugh.
"Jealous ? James, don't humour me."
He pulls you into a tight hug.
"Be careful this time please. I doubt Romanoff over there will patch up your ass for a second time."
She screws her face at him and he continues to hold you near his chest.
"Maybe you can do it then, Buck." you say as you pull back from him. He stares you dead in the face before turning to Natasha, who's utterance had turned sour. She picked up her luggage and swiftly walked away. Your duffel left behind.
Saying your final farewells, you finally hauled it over your shoulder and followed her.

Stepping onto the flight, it had only just occurred to you the length of this journey. 10 hours almost, and you had decided to provoke Natasha before take off. You scolded yourself internally.

Placing yourself in a seat completely out of her way, you decided the best course of action would be to keep to yourself. Although it was obvious she wasn't fond of you, it was best you kept it circumspect, though usually you'd love to provoke those who are so open with their dislike toward you.
"Hey Y/N, do you wanna come up here for a minute ?"
You pulled out an earphone to regard the woman standing before you, ushering you to come after her.
"Bring your stuff."

You stand before your seated partner who pats the seat next to her.
"We need to go over some details ? This isn't an excursion abroad Y/N, we actually have things to do."
You were tired. Too tired to even consider a childish quarrel with Natasha. The restless slumber you had been faced with last night left you submissive to her attitude. She tilted the laptop to face you and her concurrently and began framing the mission to you. She stared at the screen while you stared at her. Every time she glanced back at you to ensure you were paying mild attention, you'd nod or present your focus to whatever she was trying to explain to you at the time.
At the complex, you never really got a chance to look at her properly. Perhaps it is your fatigue or the fact you're in an enclosed space with her, but she really was ... beautiful. Your peculiar train of thought was adjourned by her voice and the sound of snapping fingers.
"Y/N ? Hello ?"
"Oh, sorry Natasha I just got, um, sidetracked."
She shut the face of the laptop forcefully as if to try demonstrate some level of annoyance. Though her face told you that she'd much rather not go through the ins and outs of the mission and much rather just slack off for 10 hours.
As you were about to stand up and return to your original seat, Natasha turned to you. 
"You tired ?"
"Yeah. Pretty restless night. You ?"
She nodded in adamant agreement. You thought about going to your previous seat again, but before you could, Natasha had slouched and rested her head on your shoulder. Unfortunately, you weren't particularly comfortable enough to find the slumber she was surrendering to. However, you felt an overwhelming sense that it didn't matter - as long as she slept. Once her tense shoulders loosened and her breathing became heavy, you once again considered moving her head to the window and returning to your seat.
Her head burrowing further into your shoulder and chest concluded your decision.
Instead you reclined both the seats with your free hand and pushed the armrest out the way. Before laying back you pulled a genuinely huge jumper from your duffel, placing it over Natasha's upper body as you lay back moving her from your shoulder to your chest, placing your arms round her and holding her close to you. She remained asleep as you soon followed her slumber, her resting body loose in your embrace.