Is This Goodbye

"What have you done."
With no immediate change taking place, Thor questioned Thanos' actions, furiously berating him as he teleported away in a flash of energy from the space stone.
As Thanos disappeared, so did his manipulations. Steve stood and made his way to Thor, inquiring on Thanos's whereabouts.
"Hey, Steve..."
Behind him, Bucky crumbled to the floor, disappearing in a cloud of dust. Only then did it become apparent what Thanos' actions had led to.

You stood and ran to Natasha as the rocks retreated, releasing her body from their grip. She feebly rolled over, trying to stand. You dove to the ground next to her, leaning in to take her hand. She looked up at you, eyes wide. As your fingertips met hers, dust clouded them slowly. Your breathing stopped as you watched the particles slowly dissipate. In an instant, realising the dust wasn't yours. Helplessly, you clasped your hands round hers, pulling her into you as you wished for just a moments more time.
"No, Natasha...no, you can't do this. You can't."
You frantically grabbed her, clinging onto whatever was left as she steadily faded in your arms.
"You just wait for me, okay ?"
She spoke quietly, as you held her face, watching as the woman you love vanished in your grip - the uselessness of your own hold weighing down on you as her face crumbled in the palm of your hand, the last of her blown away in a small gust of wind. You were left, arms empty on your knees as your head fell - nothing left but the ring you had gifted her, fallen from her lost finger.
Your head remained facing the ground, allowing your tears to fall. Picking up the ring, you let out a gentle sob as you pushed it onto your finger, wishing silently for nothing more than Natasha to come back. You stay for a moment, unmoved as you contemplate the happenings. Could you really imagine your life without Natasha ?

In front of you, Wanda sobbed over the lifeless body of Vision, her head on his chest as she rested her hand on his stomach. You lifted your head and faced them, watching her as you felt a pit form in your gut. You were jealous. A sickly envy, one you knew you shouldn't feel. A little distaste grew on you - at least she had his body. She had something to grab, touch. A physicality of something lost. Natasha was gone. Vanished in the air, nothing remaining of her for you to weep over. You pushed your feelings aside, becoming guilty instantaneously over your inconsiderate response. Stepping up, walking to Wanda, you place your hand on her shoulder before crouching next to her. Steve joins you with Thor, who's expression is uncharacteristically blank.
"Hey, Y/N, where's Nat ?"
You wince at her name in Steve's mouth. Wanda notices your expression and sits up, placing her hand on your knee.
"Oh no...I'm so sorry, Y/N."
Her eyes re-well at the realisation as you look up to Steve. His mouth is open, bottom lip quivering as Thor's head hangs. He takes a heavy breath before wiping a tear from his eye and walking away. You stand, tears re-staining your cheeks as you take Wanda's hand, helping her up.
"I can take his body."
Thor lifts Vision's corpse as you turn Wanda away, rubbing circles into her hand as she sobs softly into your shoulder. As he walks away, you usher Wanda back to the jet wiping stray tears from your cheeks as she sniffles next to you.

The jet is empty. Steve hadn't returned yet, nor Rhodey or Bruce. You leant against the wall as Wanda made her way to a bench. Slouching to the floor, you held your hands to your face as you tried desperately to stifle the sound of your tear shed. Holding your knees to your chest as you fidgeted with the one too many rings on your finger. You wanted to retreat to your room, yet you were afraid of what you might find. The thought of being faced with Natasha's left over belongings on the unmade bed, her toothbrush in the bathroom, the unfinished water bottle from this morning...
"Wanda..."
She looked up at you from her hands before making her way to you, sitting cross legged at your feet.
"What are we meant to do ?"
She shakes her head, pushing her hair out her face before resting her forehead on your knees.
"I didn't have anyone apart from Natasha."
She peered up through the gap in your kneecaps.
"You've got me."