Ludicrous Desire

You awaken next to a sleeping Natasha, who's body is wrapped round yours - legs intertwined as you hold her close with your arms. Reckoning she's probably thirsty, you remove her from your side, carefully, as not to wake her and leave the room.
As you fumble tiredly next to the sink, Wanda strolls in. You'd question her lack of permission or signal that she was coming, but the fatigue weighing down on you prevented it.
The witch stood behind you, waiting as if you hadn't noticed her.
"Hey, Wanda."
You turned to face her, back leaning against the drawers.
"Sorry, Y/N, I hope it's not too early. I was just really worried about Nat."
You nod assuringly at her as you swing yourself up from your position and walk past her, motioning that she follow you.
As you quietly crack open the bedroom door, Wanda peers in. Noticing a resting Natasha, she retreats and pulls you into a tight embrace. There was no verbal utterances from the woman, but the lingering interaction felt enough like a thank you.
"How's Vision ?" you ask as she breaks away from the hug.
"Oh he's fine. Same as your girlfriend through there - sleeping."
Your eyes shift focus from the floor to her face and she makes no effort to hide her pleasure at the use of relationship terminology.
"You know as well as me, Wanda. She is not my girlfriend."
"Well, don't act like you wouldn't want her to be."
You frown at her. She's right, but she knows well enough herself just how unattainable that possibility is.
"Wanda, Natasha has never taken to me. She's also never tried to hide it. Even if I were to say I liked Natasha it-"
"Who likes Natasha ?"
Your head turns in unison with Wanda's to meet the topic of conversation - Natasha - standing feebly in the doorway. You immediately rush to her, clasping your arms round her waist to support her weakness. As you look up, Wanda is grinning at you both.
"Glad to see you're at least alive Nat."
Natasha laughs, turning to look at you.
"Well, we know why."
Wanda stands and readies herself to leave, being satisfied with Natasha's condition following through on the 'check up' she had promised last night.
"Just get together already." the witch proclaimed while pulling Natasha into a half embrace, as you refused to move from her side, afraid that she'd be too frail to stand alone.
"What ?" you said, together with Natasha.
"I can read minds."
With that, Wanda flees the room.
You stand in quietude with Natasha for a moment, both avoiding one another's eyeshot, until she catches you smiling broadly at the floor.
She lifts your head with her index finger, touching it to your chin and pulling your face up to her eye level.
"Sleep well ?"
You nod your head nervously, returning the question.
"Best sleep I've had in a while, despite the sleeping mound next to me occupying half the bed."
The awkwardness subsides.
"This 'mound' actually happened to save your life ? Do you need a refresher ?"
She shook her head and turned her face completely to yours. You now stood, just inches between one another. Natasha, biting her inner cheek as you held the position. You wanted her to do it. It had to be Natasha, you thought. She had always been the one against you. However, to your dismay, she retreats her face to look at the floor.
"I can stand I think." she announced, as she pulled away from your grasp.
"Natasha..." you gasp, rather desperately.
She returned to her original gaze, looking up at you. With your left hand you held her cheek and jaw and pulled her face up towards you.
"I...I wa-"
You found it difficult to form thoughts with Natasha this close to your countenance. You lent forward gradually, noticing that Natasha had parted her soft, full lips - almost inviting you in. You looked into her gaze one last time as Wanda waltzed into the room again, unannounced as usual.
"Vis thinks we should get drinks tonight."
Both you and Natasha quickly pull away from one another and stand awkwardly, hopeful that Wanda hadn't caught your previous state.
"Oh. I'm interrupting, sorry I can-"
"No you're not interrupting, Wanda, it's fine." Nat claims bluntly.
Nevertheless, Wanda backs out again, excusing herself as she leaves. Thick stillness plagued the room after her departure. Natasha too close to you to leave yet too far for you to pull her back in.
"I guess I should help clean you up ?"
"No. I can do it myself Y/N."
She avoids your eyeshot, as she usually does in socially uncomfortably conversation.
With that, she goes from the room.
You sigh and remind yourself of the ludicrous idea that you could obtain what you desire - Natasha.