Whereabouts

Awaking slowly, Natasha was sat in a pool of water - the soul stone resting in her palm. Upon noticing it, her head fell as she viciously pumped her fist into the water. Tears staining her cheeks once again as she was immediately drawn through time, travelling back to the present day.

Upon arrival, the others share a moment of pleasure having completed the task at hand. Natasha remaining on her knees, the stone falling from her grip. They turned to face her as Wanda, Bucky and Pepper ran to her side.
Wanda lifted her from the floor, questioning her innocently of your whereabouts.
"Hey, Nat. Where's Y/N ?"
The rest of the team surrounded Natasha, who's lip was noticeably trembling as she internalised whatever upset was threatening to break loose.
Bucky's head fell before he turned to leave the room, Steve running after him. Pepper shook her head, as Tony took her in his arms - his own eyes welling with tears as he comforted her gently.
"No...she promised me she'd come back."
Wanda's voice cracked at her realisation. Both herself and Natasha stood in front of one another, the piece that was yourself missing from the triplet. Natasha took Wanda's hand removing her from the room, passing a distressed Bucky in the corridor. He had his back pressed against the wall, hugging his knees as Steve perched next to him. Wanda wanted to stop and comfort him, but Natasha didn't allow, pulling her further along the corridor as her eyes began to well. Natasha had always harboured issues with displaying emotion. She was taught from the outset of her red room days that feelings merely inhibited a person's ability to grow. So, for years, she possessed that same mindset - which eventually leaked into her days as an avenger. Only you were able to change that for her.

However, at this moment she was allowing herself to feel. To experience the pain. She was allowing Wanda to witness it, as you were no longer there to. Natasha dragged Wanda into the furthest lounge, slamming the door shut behind her, locking it. Wanda stood with her back pressed against the door, her knees weak as she watched Natasha pace back and forth. She contemplated interrupting her, but Natasha's violent muttering put her off.
"Wanda, what am I gonna do ?"
Natasha had her hands behind her head, holding her gaze down as she stormed throughout the room. Her emotions were spilling as she was overcome by a ferocious mixture of guilt, anger, sadness, fear...
Wanda gave no reply, only observing as Natasha's feelings ate her up from the inside out.
"She told me to wait for her. Fucking wait. For what ? She's not coming back. Why would she tell me that, Wanda. Why ?"
Natasha slid down against the wall on the opposing side of the room before covering her face with her palms, hiding the escaping tears from Wanda.
"Because she loves you, Natasha."
Wanda's voice was quiet and sweet. She spoke softly to Natasha, wary of her volatile behaviour.
"It should've been me ! It should've been me Wanda ! It was always supposed to be me."
Wanda pushed herself from the door, making her way to Natasha and claiming her place beside her on the floor.
"She didn't want it to be you. Natasha, she loves you. She lost you once already - she wouldn't have been able to handle a second time."
Natasha slouched into Wanda's shoulder, burying her face in Wanda's neck.
"I wanted it to be me, though."

Silence filled the room, only to be occasionally disrupted by Natasha's quiet sobbing as Wanda held her close - doing her best to ease the pain. It seemed that hours had passed, before Wanda finally spoke up.

"I bet you're tired, do you wanna get to sleep ?"
Natasha nodded, standing then helping Wanda up.
"I'm gonna sleep here though. On the couch."
Wanda nodded, "Yeah, I understand."
She giggled a little, melancholic hurt flooding her expression as she reminisced on her time with Y/N.
"Y/N slept on the couch for months when you were gone, y'know."
Natasha huffed a little, hurt by the mention of you yet simultaneously glad to hear your name.
"I'll stay." announced Wanda.
"Y/N used to have awful night terrors too. So I'm gonna assume you'll be the same. I'll sleep on the other couch."
Natasha flashed her a thankful stare before taking her position for the night, her synapses still connecting with thoughts of you.