Ascending

The winds change, demonstrated by the leaves changing direction on the street of New York City. A hum rests in the air as a ring shaped Q-Ship floats to the ground.
Before you can collect your thoughts, Tony is suited up and crashes through the window next to you. You assume Strange and Steve followed as you turn and find their vacancy in the room.
Natasha shakes her head at you.
"I'd sit this one out, sweetheart."
You push your annoyance at her aside, and walk briskly towards her as Bruce leaves the room with Bucky. You hold her hands in yours and pull her into you.
"You know I can't."
She sighs, fear and concern sweeping her face. She rarely allows herself to be afraid, yet here she shows you - she can't lose you.
She grabs your hand and you run through the compound. Natasha, already in her catsuit, throws you a bag as you climb into the the back seat of her Chevrolet - stripping your layers as you go. She eyes you in the mirror as you slip yourself into gear, with a currently exposed upper half.
"Eyes on the road, Mrs."
She giggles and races past traffic while picking up Tony's voice through the radio.
"Hey, it's Natasha. Tony, do you hear me ?"
There is faint white noise through the speaker before Tony's voice comes through as you climb into the passenger seat.
"Loud and clear, Romanoff."
"Great. What's going on? We're on our way."
Just as Natasha rounds the corner, there is a crash in the rear window - glass shattering through the car.
You turn and see Peter, half dressed in his Spider-man suit in the backseat, holding the head cover in his hand.
"Uh. Hey guys sorry, I just, I recognised the car and kinda didn't wanna go alone so I- "
Tony's voice came through the radio again.
"We ? Natasha you better not have Y/N in the car with you."
Peter's face lit up at the sound of his voice.
"Oh hey, Mr Stark ! What's going on- "
"Him too ? Romanoff turn round and take them back to the compound."
Natasha is too focused on the road to focus on Tony's requests. The car comes to a halt as she stops and hops out before the bend. You follow, handing an ear piece to Peter before adjusting one to yourself. You hold your hand to your ear, pressing the piece looking for transmission.
"So, who are these guys ?"
You eye up the ship as you make your way round the back exterior of a now empty building, Natasha following as Peter scales the wall. Steve's voice fires through the piece this time.
"Some more of Thanos' children. Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian. Strange has shut off the engine to their ship, but it seems they're stronger than they look.
You turn the corner just as a wave of sharp rock, taken from the road below showers the team - Tony being struck into a nearby car. You run to him as Steve hurls his shield towards the mystical figure. It's is easily deflected and before you can reach Tony, Natasha dives, pulling you out of the firing line of Steve's shield. You pull Tony down with you, behind the safety of the car. Before you can sit up, he pushes your arm down, connecting you to the pavement with a metallic red cuff shot from the arm of his suit.
"Take her home Romanoff. See if you can take Peter too."
You look up at Natasha as you slowly pry the cuff from your wrist.
"No can do, Mr Stark." comes Peter, through your earpiece.
"I'm not going either, Tony."
She nods knowingly, pulling you up from the floor and dusting you off. As you turn, Strange flies past you, tangled in his own cape, under the control of Maw's telekinesis. You jump atop the car and chase after him, grabbing him by the shoulder, being pulled along by the forces of Thanos' worker. As you are wretched through the streets, you haul your leg atop Strange and tug at the pendant round his neck, knowing that it holds the Time stone.
Suddenly, Natasha's voice rings through your earpiece as Peter joins you in pulling the pendant from Strange.
"Y/N get off him ! You're headed for the ship !"
Without loosening your grip, you spin and see that Strange's body - with both you and Peter atop him - are headed straight for the Q-Ship that Maw has occupied. You pull harder on Strange's pendant and realise that it cannot be removed. You notice the Q-Ship is drawing dangerously near and hold Peter's arm. He grabs your hand. You can tell he feels the same fear as you.
"Y/N, don't do this to me."
The pain in Natasha's voice turns your stomach. You remove your hand from Peter's arm and hold the ear piece. Before you can speak, you are thrown from Strange alongside Peter. You turn and notice Tony above you, as he drops you atop a ground floor shop. Peter falls for a second before slinging onto the side of the ship.
"I told you to go home kid."
No, no, no, no, you mutter to yourself as you jump down. Below you is Natasha, who grabs your waist and pulls you in. You struggle for a moment before Steve joins her, holding you back. You're breathless, holding back faint tears that threaten to stain your cheeks.
Tony and Peter disappear with the Q-Ship as they chase after Maw and Strange. You lift your hand to your ear.
"Tony ! Peter ! Get down ! Please come down."
There is an indistinct rumble through the ear piece with broken messages - a mix between Tony's and Peter's voice, which breaks up the further the Q-Ship ascends. You fall into Natasha's arms and notice that your hands are seared and red from holding Strange's pendant. It must have been burning you, yet you hadn't noticed.
You look up at Steve.
"Why did you let them go !"
He shakes his head, placing his shield on his back.
"You know Tony, Y/N. I couldn't stop him."