It Begins

The team allowed no time to be lost. Everybody boarded the jet by nightfall, prepped with the necessities for the journey and whatever it would entail. There wasn't much chatter, especially without Tony's presence. The air was thick with outstanding concern of his whereabouts, and Peter's, yet no one questioned or spoke of them - too afraid to face the answer.
Pepper kissed your cheek as you buried your head in her shoulder.
"Be safe. Please."
She rubbed circles into your back with her palm and handed you a small bag of new dressing for your hands.
"Change it in a couple hours. Do not forget."
You nod at her, and bid her a non-verbal thank you. She moves to look at Natasha, who is stood behind you. She points at the bag in your hand, mouthing to her - do not forget. They share a brief giggle before Pepper steps back, as the opening of the jet closes.
Natasha takes your arm and leads you to a cosy side room, which you assume you'll be sharing with her.
"You're not flying, are you ?"
To your relief, she shakes her head - no.
"Jarvis is taking the wheel, I'm all yours for now sweetheart."
You smile at her and pull her onto your lap, ignoring the ache in your palms. Before she can kiss you, Steve makes himself known in the doorway.
"Ahem."
Natasha retreats from your face and flashes you an irritated look, before turning to face the rut of her annoyance.
"What is it, Rogers ?"
"I was coming to say goodnight. And remind Y/N to change the dressing on her hands. Pepper said she'd kill me if I didn't."
You grin at Steve, amused by the awkwardness of the muscly super solider. An ironic juxtaposition of personality and appearance.
He catches Natasha's gaze and notices her tangible disapproval of his interruption.
"Anyways...um, goodnight."
He waves and closes the door behind him.
Natasha pushes you against the bed and positions herself above you.
"I'd do so many things to you tonight if we didn't have to be so cautious."
You bite your lip as she holds your cheek, leaning down into a hard kiss.
"Save it for after the whole removal of the mind stone thing, baby. I bet I'll be super frustrated by then anyways."
She presses her tongue to her cheek and runs it along her top teeth before you share another kiss with the red head.
She drops down next to you and lays her head on your chest as you pull the covers over your shared position. You kissed her forehead as she ran her first and middle fingers along your stomach, her breathing growing heavier as you felt her drift into slumber - held in your embrace.