Secrets

Natasha seems on edge. She pats your knee as you perch next to her.
"Nothing you need to be concerned about."
She flashes you a reassuring smile, though you're sure that something is bothering her - but you decide to let it pass for now. She pulls you closer, her hand on your inner thigh. You look up to see Steve and Sam, fixated on you both. You begin a joke, under the assumption their stare is due to the sudden smitten behaviour of you and Natasha. However, you notice Natasha shaking her head at them slightly and realise that they're referring to something out with yourself. Probably whatever is worrying Natasha. You set a mental reminder to query this later on.
She rests her head on your shoulder, the boys taking their place comfortably in front of you.
"So...what's the deal with this ?"
Sam was always so blunt. Sometimes, you have to remind yourself that it's what makes him so amusing. 
You clasp your lips and nod your head in indifference.
"Oh cmon." Steve holds out both arms, motioning towards the position you and Natasha had adapted.
You tilted your head, looking to Natasha to quench their concerns. Noticing she had fallen asleep on you, again, Steve leant over to push her leg. You scrunched your nose at him, batting his hand away, before he held them up in defeat and mouthed the words 'okay, fine, sorry' before slouching back.
The conversation didn't continue. There was an odd atmosphere throughout the flight. All of you, falling in and out of slumber and when you were awake -  short, vague chat to fill the silence.

Finally, Jarvis announced your arrival at the compound. Home. You were greeted by Tony and some of the team who were just as taken aback by your closeness to Natasha as Steve and Sam were. However, everyone was drained to put it lightly, so no one urged their inquiries. Clearly, it wasn't just you and Natasha who had been at work. Tony stood before everyone and puffed his chest as if he were going to speak, only to hold it and let it subside as he caught Natasha's eye. She was scowling at him and tilted her head, signalling a nod of denial. You had a sudden notion that there was something being hidden from you, with Natasha leading the concealment.

As the team went to walk inside, you caught up to Tony on the way. You asked Pepper for a moment alone with him and as she excused herself, he swept his arm round your shoulder protectively.
"What's up kid ? Here to complain about your holiday with the unbearable Natasha ?"
You huff at his joke.
"No ... Tony, seriously, what's going on ?"
He doesn't turn to you. His eyes kept forward and down.
"Nothing that concerns you, kid."
Before you can press him on the subject, he walks away - ruffling your hair as he goes.
You look for Natasha and find that she's talking to Steve. You don't interrupt their conversation.

Arriving inside, you feel you just want to be left alone. You can tell something is being kept from you, yet you are too fatigued to bother trying to find out what. You will soon. Just not now.
You dump your belongings in your room and contemplate wether or not you should organise them now or later.
Definitely later.
You leave and make your way to one of the many lounges in the complex. Choosing the quietest, hopeful that no one will disturb you. As you peer round the door, you notice Bucky fixing himself something to eat near the fridge. You can tolerate him, you just hope that no one else joins the party.
"Hey James." you utter, making your presence in the room known to him.
"You're back !" You were pleased. He seemed genuinely thrilled to see you home. He passed you a bowl as you both sat side by side on the sofa. Ice cream. He kicked his feet up and turned to you, his expression calculated as he tried to read the reason to your silence.
"Something wrong ? I just gave you ice cream why aren't you smiling."
You smile at him and scoop some into your mouth. He doesn't seem convinced.
"Is there something going on ?"  you ask.
You knew the answer by his reaction. Bucky was a good liar, he was trained to be, and he never failed to cover a secret. But somehow he couldn't lie to you. He faced away from you and fixed his stare to the ice cream swimming in his bowl.
"That's answer enough. James please tell me, I can tell there is. The whole team know bar me."
He tipped his head back and sighed.
"I'm not allowed."
"Now allowed ? Says who."
"Natasha."
This revelation stopped you in your tracks. What was she hiding ?
"Tell me, James."
He shook his head. You could tell you weren't going to get it out him. Though, at least now you knew there was something going on.