Wait For Me

You arrive back at the compound, a sense of defeat sweeping the team. Pepper waits by the entrance.
Steve greets her first, informing her of what happened. She looks towards the sky and thanks him as he leaves her side. As you approach her, she pulls you into a tight embrace.
"He'll be back. He always comes back."
Somehow you believe her.
Inside, you see Rhodey, who is discussing the events with Mr. Secretary. It appears that he is outraged by the conduct of the team and demands that you be arrested alongside Natasha, Steve and the others. Rhodey cuts the transmission off mid-sentence and sighs before greeting you all.
You sit on a bench near the side of the room, Natasha joining you, holding your arm in her hands. She caresses your forearm, occasionally dotting kisses on your forehead and cheeks as the team catch one another up on the recent events. She can feel your pent up worry as she tries to ease it. You finally speak up,
"Surely we can call in Clint. And Scott. We need everyone here."
Nat turns to you as she clasps her hand in yours.
"We cant. They surrendered themselves over. Both of them are on house arrest with their families."
You look to the floor.
Tony would know what to do, you mutter to yourself.
Natasha holds your head against her shoulder. You loved her more than anything and you were grateful you could be here with her, yet you can't help but think you should be with Tony and Peter. You feel helpless here.
However, the touch of the woman you love soothes your heavy head.
"We need to destroy it."
Vision turns from the window to face the rest of the team. You look at Wanda, who stares at him with a blank expression.
"The Mind stone. It must be destroyed. I imagine that if it was exposed to a power as strong as itself..."
He gestures towards Wanda.
"...perhaps we could do it."
She shakes her head at him. Her lip trembles as she opens her mouth to speak.
"No, Vis. I won't even discuss this."
He walks towards her and takes her hand as she turns to leave the room.
"Wanda, my dear. It must be done."
You can see the pain that wipes across her face. The tears that prickle the duct of her eye. You can't imagine how she feels right now.
"Maybe there's a way to destroy the stone, but keep Vision."
Bruce enters the conversation, scratching the back of his head sceptically as he speaks.
"Vision isn't just the stone. He's me, Tony, Jarvis...many other things. If we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left."
Relief sweeps Wanda's appearance. Her eyes light up as she hangs on tight to Vision's hand, wiping a stray tear from her cheek.
"We can go to Wakanda." Steve suggests.
"They can do it there."
With that, it seems the team is under silent approval of the next steps in the mission.

Natasha turns to you as the others leave the room, her hands still resting on your arm.
"I feel like you have a death wish, Y/N."
You don't say anything. Your gaze still fixed on the gauze lining your recently burnt hands.
"It really is an attractive quality. I know you get scared, though."
She has moved from stroking your arm to caressing the dressing on your palms as she looks at your down turned face.
"I cant lose you, and I'm sorry that I keep...holding you back from these missions, I just, cant lose another person. Especially not you."
You face her now, and notice the welling in her eyes. You lean towards her, placing a gentle kiss on her soft lips.
"I'll never leave you, Natasha. All you ever have to do is wait for me because I promise - I'll come back."
She half smiles at you. Her signature smirk. The tears subsiding.
"Wait for you ?"
The relief in her voice soothes you. This woman was all you needed.
"Wait for me."