Waves

You sat by Wanda as her eyes stayed fixed on you for longer than you'd anticipated.
"Why are you staring at me ?" you questioned vaguely, still faced toward the waves crashing in front of you.
"You're not seriously gonna sit in that outfit. We're at the beach."
She leaned over to you, grabbing your shirt from its hem, lifting it upwards exposing your stomach. The sight appeared to catch her breath, her eyes drifting downwards as she cleared her throat. You took the edge from her, raising it over your head yourself.
"Listen, I'm not gonna sit here in my underwear if you're still wearing that dress." you state, removing your trousers.
She raises her brow at you before standing quickly, pulling it off without further question. You glance up at her, taking in her figure as her curves were foregrounded by the light. Her stomach was pale, yet smooth. She had creamy skin, with no blemishes - you couldn't say the same thanks to the wounds of stray bullets and the lovely Outriders you had come into contact with.
"You're gorgeous..." the thought unexpectedly slipped your lips as she cowered a little under your unfaltering gaze.
"You've made me hyper aware of all the scars and shit I have on me." You giggled through the sentence, an attempt to offset the previous comment you had made.

Wanda returned to her place next to you, pulling her knees up to her chest as she reached over, running her fingers along the length of your back.
"I think they're pretty cool...not cool like, hot I guess. But...yeah they're..."
Her sentence was left unfinished as she trailed off, turning her face away from yours - flustered.

After a moments awkwardness, she suddenly bounced to her feet, lifting your arms with her, hauling you towards the water. You didn't question it, following her footsteps as you tried to veer your eyes away from her ass in front of you. When you hit the water, she ran a few more paces in before pulling you into her. She grabbed your waist, your faces just inches from one another. You were startled, your hands remaining by your side as she closed the little space between you, your stomachs now touching. A sly grin washed over her as she pushed you back, watching you fall beneath the waves and resurface - now completely drenched by the water. You gasped at the temperature, screwing your face at Wanda, moving saturated locks from your face. 
You leaped towards her pulling her under the water as a wave washed over your heads. Beneath the waves, she floated above you, cupping your cheeks with her hands and leaning into you, pressing a soft yet definite kiss on your lips. Once you had both pierced the surface, Wanda read your lost expression and was immediately unnerved.

"I'm so sorry, I- I don't..."
She turned her back to you and took a step to walk off. Before she could, you grabbed her wrist and twisted her back to facing you, taking her waist in your hand, moving her closer - this time closing the space in fullness as you kissed her lips, much harder than previous. She melted in your grip, a small groan leaving her throat as your lips parted for her tongue. She explored your mouth carefully as the waves drifted through you, your fingers digging into her sides. She pulled back for a moment, taking her bottom lip between her teeth, peering up at you with innocent eyes as she took your hand - leading you back to the shore.

Thankfully, the beach was quiet as yourself and Wanda had a late start to the day, your arrival was rather untimely. You sat first as the red head made herself comfortable between your parted legs, her back pressed against your chest. She intertwined your fingers with her own as you rested your chin on her shoulder.
"Tell me why you haven't been back to training."
For the second time today, Wanda startled you with her conduct.
"That is an awfully odd question to ask after kissing me."
She shrugged her shoulders and turned her head to kiss your cheek.
"Tell me."
"I...I can't even look at the room."
You found yourself opening up to Wanda with ease.
"The place is just...festering with Natasha. There, and my bedroom, just seem to be a shrine of her, just a reminder of her everywhere."
Initially, she remained silent. Her only answer a slow nod after your confession.
"You gotta go in one day y'know." came her staggered reply.
You gave no verbal response, nor did you offer a physical one in replacement.
"Y/N...
She swivelled to face you more outwardly, shuffling herself onto your knee, wrapping her arms round your neck.
...you should try tonight."
You thought for a moment, pushing down your instant urge to deny her. You knew she was right, but instinctively, your heart said no.
"Fine."
Your mind, however, said yes.
She smiled softly, leaning her face into yours again, connecting your lips with hers as you ran your hand up and along her outer thigh.

The sun was getting low. The once piercing blue sky had turned a deep shade of orange, mimicking the hair colour of the woman sat atop you. You watched as the waves retreated slightly, the clouds forming slowly above the horizon. Periodically, you shared soft, slow kisses with Wanda. Comfortable kisses that eased the pain in your chest a little with every connection.
"Cmon."
She offered you her hand as she stood, pointing to the Stark Company Car that had pulled up next to the boardwalk. As you dragged your feet through the sand, you wiped yourself down with a towel as Wanda did the same. You pulled a sweater from your tote, which was many sizes too large, hauling it over yourself and letting it fall to a high point on your thigh - not bothering to cover your legs. You climbed in the backseat, your slightly damp underwear uncomfortable and exposed as you slumped against the leather. Wanda slouched against you, lifting her legs so that they dangled over yours - her body facing inward as she rested against your arm. The driver sped back to the compound across the motorway as you spent the entirety of the journey home, your lips locked against Wanda's as you exchanged tongues between one another's mouths. You held her jaw with one hand, your other running lengths along her inner thigh as they spread further throughout the journey. Wanda's hands had become occupied with your sweater, occasionally dipping underneath to scratch her nails down your stomach.

She made you feel good. She took your mind off Natasha, making you forget the troubles. Though you still wondered how much you were willing to forget.