Chapter 19

She stared down at the now properly Dragon Priest .

It hadn't been an easy fight . Dragon Priests  are strong and cunning . Even when half their brains had rotted away .

She sighed . She could've gotten herself killed and that would've meant that her baby wouldn't see the light of day .

"I should should probably not do something stupid like this again ", she thought ," don't want Stefan to find me and kick my behind for it ".

Approaching footsteps reminded her that she wasn't alone and that she'd have to decide what to do with Klaus .

He was the type that would try and conquer the world . The type that would kill needlessly without remorse as was what he'd proved to her when he'd killed all those werewolves .

She gave him a brief look before bending down to loot the Dragon  Priest . She would think of something later . For now she'd just loot the Dragon Priest and then try to get through her pregnancy  .

Hours later she walked with Klaus towards Windhelm . She could've gone to the College of Winterhold ,but she had seen no reason why she should go there .

Hjerim ,her house ,was far cozier than her quarters at the College and no one would bother her with silly questions or something else ,for that matter .

Klaus walked behind her in silence , sulking because he didn't want to be there at all .

He liked Skyrim,make no mistake, but he had grown accustomed to the modern world with its electricity and all that jazz .

He hated everything about this middle ages world where people sometimes had to walk to far places .

He hated riding horses and carriages and missed his car .

He sighed softly as he stared at the back of the Dragonborn Döppelganger . Why oh why did this girl have to appear to throw a spanner in his affairs ?.

Oh he knew she's stronger than him and that doesn't sit well with him . He was the Original Hybrid afterall . He was supposed to be the Alpha . The strongest person so he could crush all the people who opposed him .

And here came this girl and crushed that notion into dust .

Danica wasn't wasn't sure if she should cry or feel happy when they finally reached Windhelm after hours of walking . She was tired and had sore feet for her troubles of walking to the city .

" We'll rest here tonight , Klaus ," was all she told the Hybrid before moving on to her room to fall asleep quickly .

Klaus went to sleep in a guestroom that Calder , the Housecarl , silently pointed out to him .

Danica slept a deep and dreamless sleep and in the morning she thought about Klaus and what she was going to do with him .

When she'd done what she did to save Elena and Stefan ,she hadn't thought about what she'd be doing with him once he was away from Mystic Falls .

All she could try was cure him . Cure him of both his beast blood and his Vampire side .

He won't be willing, though, of that she was sure ,but she could use Bendwill on him if she had to . Not that she wanted to ,though. Everyone had the right to be their own person .

She sighed and cooked breakfast and waited for Klaus to appear .

It was almost noon when he did . His hair was disheveled and his clothes were wrinkled .

He didn't look like he was enjoying himself in her house . It wasn't a surprise to her . If she was him she'd probably be pissed off as well .

" Lunch would be served in a bit . It's best you sit down and wait . There's a blood potion if you need blood . I always have a few in case Serana comes by ."