Chapter 14

" No, Danica, you can't!", Elena protests .

She had just spoken to the whole Scooby gang about Klaus and her trip .

" I can and I must , Elena, for you , for Stefan , he threatened to hurt you and him! ".

" But , Dani , I can't let you do this for me . It isn't right ".

Elena sounded so hopelessly lost that Danica can't help but throw her arms around her and say " I have to,Lena, there's no other way . It's either you and Stefan or me and I choose me because you have so much more to live for here than I . Don't worry . I'm stronger than Klaus any day ".

Stefan shakes his head at her at those words . She knew what he was thinking . He didn't believe that she was stronger than Klaus . It was because of that one time she'd shown weakness in Skyrim .
She fully regretted that .

" I have to go now . I'm sure he's already waiting for me outside and I don't want him getting in here and hurting all of you . One more thing before I go , don't come looking for me or anything , I promise I'll be alright
".

They didn't believe her as she hugged  one after the other , trying hard not to linger in Stefan's arms when she hugged him .

He didn't want to let her go ,but in front of Elena he had to pretend that he didn't care too much .

He had to keep himself together as he watched her walk out of the door . Hopefully he'll be seeing her again soon . That hope didn't really mean anything as the door to the boardinghouse closed .
He wanted to run after her and make her stay ,but he didn't .
          $$--$$--$$
Klaus greeted her with a  smug smirk on his lips when she walked down the driveway towards his car.

With him was Elijah who didn't look too happy to be there . Something bothered the brown haired brother . Something she couldn't put her finger on . She wondered what bothered him .

" Good morning , Love , did you sleep well ?", the insufferable blond brother asks his smirk growing wider when she reaches the car .

She ignores that and simply nods at the other brother in greeting . Elijah returns it with a slight barely there smile . She returns it with a less slightly one.

" I'll sit in the back ", she says then when Klaus holds the door of the front  passenger side open for her .

With an annoyed look on his face he leaves the door open to walk to the driver's side . He says nothing when Elijah gets in beside him.

Danica is silent for the first part of the journey to who knows where . Klaus didn't say and she didn't ask . Most of the time she just stared out of the window . Greta and Maddox had joined them in another town and now she had to deal with Greta's snide remarks too .

She ignores the witch focusing on listening to Maddox talking about his uncle's Grimoire that he recently found .

He was telling Elijah about it and it seemed to Danica that Elijah was intrigued by that bit of information .

Danica zoned most of it out after a moment and doze off for a few minutes only to be awakened by Klaus who'd stopped at a motel of all places for the night . To her irritation she's forced  to share a room with the Mikealsons who seems to be in a silent argument for some reason.

She watched them as she ate some take-out that Elijah had ordered for them  at a drive-through before they had reached the motel . She didn't understand what they were arguing about ,but by the way they glared and waved and indicated she figured it was about something serious .

" You know you're both annoying the shit out of me right now ", she says her voice rumbling a bit in her slight  anger .

She sees them stiffen and then turn as if in slow motion to look at her .