Chapter 18

Danica sat in the Boardinghouse's kitchen chasing her cereal around in the bowl in front of her.

She wasn't feeling well. She'd never felt like this before . Not even when she'd had Ataxia or Rockbone Fever .

Her stomach was ready to drop it's contents on the floor this morning when she'd gone to the bathroom .

She had, had to manoeuvre herself around to retch in the sink .

Worse of all she had a stomach ache now and she had no appetite . Yet as it is she'd been taught to force herself to eat even when she didn't feel so fresh .

She looked up from her bowl when she hears someone stumbling into the kitchen , cursing under their breath .

She almost instantly reverted her eyes because it was nobody else but Stefan .

She should've known considering the fact that Damon was out of the house . She'd watched him leave , didn't she?.

She bit her lip . She didn't want to see Stefan right now . She hadn't laid eyes on him since handing him off to his brother the previous night .

She don't know what it is with her . How can she feel like hiding away from him?. By Arkay , it was infuriating to say the least .

It was like her Dragon didn't want him near her . For whatever reason ,she cannot say , but she wasn't going to give in . She herself wanted to be with Stefan Salvatore  even if it was wrong.

" Hey , you okay there ,Dani ?", his voice made an end to her endless mind ramblings .

She clears her throat  then says " Yeah, just not feeling well , that's all , nothing to worry about ".

She didn't look up because she didn't want to see his beautiful mesmerizing green eyes . And she didn't know why she even told him about not feeling well . He was surely going to make a fuss .

She didn't have to wait long for confirmation on that thought .
" Nothing to worry about ?. Danica, I'll always worry when it comes to you . You can't just say that you're not feeling well and I have to be satisfied with the " not to worry " speech . So , Danica, tell me what's wrong and please don't lie to me . I detest people lying ."

She scrunched up her face feeling the nausea of this morning return .

Before she knew it she had to get up and run for the downstairs bathroom , hoping that she'll make it .

" Danica!", she heard Stefan call in alarm ,but ignored him as she threw herself on the floor by the toilet .

The bit of cereal she'd gotten in came out and the rest of  her vomit was dark like coffee .

She hadn't had coffee so she didn't understand why it looked that way .

After a while she felt better , drained yes , but better.

She flushed the toilet , getting up from the floor on shaky legs .

An arm wrapped around her to help support her . She didn't have to look to know that it's Stefan . By the way her Dragon was fighting to get away from him and by his smell alone she is able to determine that it's him supporting her .

She tries to push him away , but her body feels like putty and she can't even push hard enough to get him away .

" Danica, stop it . I'm just trying to help you !", he snaps ," you could fall ."

" Let go , Stefan . I'm not a child to be _ ".

" Coddled . I know that , Danica . You've said that once before , but you can't expect me to watch you fall.  Even the mighty Dragonborn needs help once in awhile ".