Chapter 10

" How can you stand the cold ?",Elena asked  Danica , as they walked on the road near Winterhold . She shivers and tries pulling ,the furs Danica had handed to her earlier,tighter around her to try and preserve more heat .

The snow was falling thick and Danica knew that sooner than later they'd have to find shelter for the night .

" I'm a Nord ", she  simply says ,"I am cold resistant . "

She wasn't entirely cold resistant ,but she didn't want anyone to know .

Nords was cold resistant ,but even they couldn't live through very harsh weather conditions if they're caught in it .

" We need to find shelter ", she says ," or we might get caught in a blizzard ".

She wasn't going to show them that she could stop the snow from falling .

She could've used Clear Skies when the snow begun to fall ,but the teachings of the Greybeards was rooted deeply . She wasn't going to use her Thu'um unnecessarily.

" How far is Winterhold ?", John Gilbert asks .

" You are in Winterhold ", Danica replies ," the City of Winterhold is still aways ahead , a half day's ride ".

" Where are we going to find shelter in this endless road ?", Bonnie asks doubtful.

" Easy , we'll look for either a tomb or a cave and there's many scattered around , trust me ", Danica says smiling at her .

" But I see nothing ", Bonnie persists  .

Letting out a soft sigh Danica  point a  short distance to  the right side of the road to another partially snow covered  road that wound down between rocks towards some ruins . The ruins was partially invisible through the snow .

" If we go down there with this side road we'll find Snow Veil Sanctum . We can wait out the storm there in the front room , but we'll have to be careful going down there . There's usually a couple of Frost Trolls scattered about , or if you're feeling lucky we could brave Stillborn Cave, but I'll take my chances with Draugr any day instead of risking it against the  Falmer  lurking in Stillborn   ".

" Falmer ?", John Gilbert asks curiously.

" Remnants of the once proud nation of the Snow elves . They've become nasty little creatures . Anyway, I'll go scout ahead and see if there's Trolls around . "

She makes to leave when Damon grabs her left  wrist .

" Wait, someone should go with you ", he says firmly  .

Danica sighs then nods . There was no time to argue with him . Everyone needed to get out of the cold .

" Come on then, Damon , we're wasting time already ", she says.

He motions for her to take the lead .

She goes into sneak mode  and he follows . The others watch as they disappears down the road .

" Do you think she'll be fine? ",  Elena asks no one in particular ,a frown of worry creasing her forehead .

" She's Danica , of course she'll be fine , besides Damon's with her ", Jenna says optimistically .

Elena wasn't so sure and the little green man called jealousy on her shoulder didn't  want her to be alone with Damon .

Stefan wasn't happy either ,but if he'd said what Damon had ,Danica wouldn't have let him go with her .

She was avoiding being alone with him and that worried him immensely .

Damon followed Danica quietly down the road . She couldn't hear him breathing or even moving . Her Wolf senses was on high alert ,but it didn't help if she wanted to make sure that he kept sneaking behind her .