five - kisecchi

Sasaki walked into the club room as they were talking about an issue of Monthly Basketball Magazine, the one about the generation of miracles. "Didn't they come to interview you?" Koganei asked Kuroko.

"They did, but they forgot about me," He answered, making the three senpais grimace. "Besides, I'm almost nothing like the other five," Kuroko added.

"Right, you're better!" Sasaki cheered as he opened his locker. The blue haired male deadpanned.

"Not really. They're true prodigies," He said, making Sasaki pout.

"Come on I'm trying to amp you up!" He whisper shouted. The other male shook his head.

"I appreciate the thought, Sasaki-kun, but I don't need to be amped up, save that for the senpais and Kagami-kun," Kuroko advised when suddenly the door burst open, revealing Fukuda.

"She's back!" He announced, "The coach is back! We're gonna play a practice game!"

"I wonder who we're playing?" Hyuuga asked himself, and Fukuda rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Who knows? She was skipping for some reason though," He recalled, making Hyuuga and the other senpais tense.

"She was skipping?!" The captain demanded. With a nod of affirmation from Fukuda, he looked at the others sharply. "Be ready everyone. If she's skipping, our next opponent's gonna be real tough."

"The way you said that made me shiver," Sasaki hugged himself, and Hyuuga gave him a pitiful look.

"Good."

Once everyone was finished changing, the team headed down to the gym and Riko had them play a quick game, second years vs first years again. That time, the first years had Kuroko sit out with Sasaki as a shooting guard, which made sense since his three point shot record was 75% accuracy in games with a 93% accuracy in practice.

Furihata passed to Kagami, who Izuki was marking. Darting towards the basket, Kagami pivoted, which caught Izuki off guard, and did a one handed dump off his left leg.

"He's so fast!" Furihata commented. Meanwhile, Sasaki felt something familiar in the air, he just didn't know what it was.

"Nice shot!"

"He's amazing. Such a quick turn at full speed! He's no ordinary human," Koganei said, Tsuchida following up with a comment of his own.

"He might even beat the generation of miracles."

"He might really be able to beat them with that," Furihata agreed.

"That's not an easy maneuver!"

"Maybe he's better than them already!"

Sasaki wanted to shake his head but didn't. He knew for a fact that the people called Generation of Miracles must have earned that title for a reason, and not just because they were on one single team together. Kagami was good and all, but if what he imagined the generation of miracles to be like was right, the redhead would be overwhelmed.

"Gather round, everyone!" The coach called, so everyone came running and circled around her before she explained the situation.

"A practice game against Kaijo high school?" Hyuuga reeled back, his eyes wide and he seemed to be sweating more than usual at that comment. Sasaki personally didn't know about other high schools so he was just going along with the flow.

"That's right! They won't disappoint us," Riko grinned, probably ecstatic at her good work. "We'll put a lot of first years on the court."

"Disappoint us? They're way better than us.." Koganei grimanced.

"Are they really that good?"
Kawahara asked.

"They're strong at the national level," Hyuuga answered, "they play in the inter high every year."

"And this year," Riko butted in, and suddenly Sasaki got the sense of foreboding doom. "Kaijo got their hands on one of the the generation of miracles, Kise Ryouta."

Now he knew why he was feeling that way, looks like the showdown with the generation of miracles was gonna be happening within the week. Sasaki could already feel an excitement headache coming on.

"Huh?!"

"Him?!"

"The generation of miracles?!"

Suddenly he got a weird feeling from his left, so Sasaki glanced that way. Kagami was grinning, looking ready to take names and kick ass already.

"Apparently," Hyuuga added, "Kise works as a model."

"Seriously?" Izuki's eyebrows raised, "Amazing."

"Good looking and good at basketball?" Koganei reiterated, "That's brutal.."

"Idiot," Riko sighed, when suddenly a ruckus came from the entrance of the gym. That's where the familiar feeling was coming from too, Sasaki's eyes narrowed. He found the person that attracted all the attention, and their eyes met.

"IT'S YOU!" They both yelled at the same time, pointing at the other. The gym went silent for a heartbeat before the person jumped down from the stage and jogged over after apologizing to the girls.

"Hi! We unofficially met a few days ago," The person grinned at Sasaki, holding his hand out. "I'm Kise Ryouta, nice to officially meet you."

"Unofficially met?" Koganei muttered under his breath as Sasaki shook the blonde's hand.

"I'm Sasaki Hayate, nice to meet you too!" He grinned widely, "Looks like we're gonna be playing each other in a few days."

"Yeah, when I heard our next opponent was Seirin, I remembered Kurokocchi went here so I thought I'd come say hi. But now not only is Kurokocchi here, so is Sasakicchi. I wondered what happened the other day, but now I see why," Kise smiled.

"Dude, is there a special reason you're putting -cchi on the end of Kuroko's and my names?" Sasaki squinted at him, making the blonde chuckle sheepishly.

"It's just something I add to the names of people I respect," Kise explained, and the white haired male hummed in appreciation.

"Well then, mind if I call you Kisecchi?"

"HUH?! REALLY?!" Kise seemed surprised and almost looked like he was gonna cry before he grinned and nodded. "Sure!"

"Wait, you only started playing in your second year?!" Hyuuga suddenly interrupted, making Kise shake his head.

"What's wrong with that?" Sasaki asked before the other male could comment. "I only started at the tail end of my last year of middle school."

"NANI?!" The entire gym demanded, making the boy sweat drop.

"Uh, yeah, I think the time Kuroko saw me was the third time I had ever played."

"No way," Kuroko's eyes were wide, almost wider than everyone else's. No one could hide their surprise.

"That's insane, Sasakicchi!" Kise was the first to get over the shock. "You're definitely one of the chosen, at least I'd like to say that," He smirked. "I haven't seen you play yet, and it gets me pumped up to know I'll be able to soon," Kise said, when suddenly he caught a basketball that was thrown at him by none other than Kagami.

Sasaki sighed.

"Ow! What was that for?" The blonde prodigy pouted.

"Sorry for interrupting," Kagami didn't look sorry at all. "Don't tell me you came all the way here just to greet us. Why don't you play with me a little, pretty boy?" He challenged.

Once again, Sasaki sighed. We're already gonna play them, why provoke him into a one on one? One on one is boring, he frowned.

"Huh? I don't know if I'm ready.. Besides, I'd rather play Sasakicchi," He waved him off. "But then again.." Kise spun towards Sasaki. "If I win, I get to play you, okay?"

"Sure, why not," Sasaki nodded, so the other male agreed and slipped off his jacket and tie. No one was ready for the train wreck that was about to occur.