*The Sleepover*

TW: Cursing, implied eating disorder, extremely small mention of neglectful parents

I opened my eyes silently cursing to myself because I forgot to close my curtains last night. The bright morning sunlight poured over me as I laid in my bed allowing myself a second before getting up to close the curtains. I throw myself onto my bed and I hear a voice. "You're so aggressive" the voice I recognized as Tommy says. "Good morning how'd you sleep?" he asks. "Fine I guess" I say as I roll over to face the camera. He was sitting at his PC typing something. I tapped my phone screen to see how long we had been on the phone. 12 hours and 46 minutes. We had fallen asleep on call together. I smiled to myself as I thought of a line from Wilburs song, The Internet Has Ruined Me. 'We used to sleep on call together' I hummed to myself as I scrolled through twitter. 

"You put me on pause bitch?" Tommy said in an offended tone. "I'm sorry" I say as I go back to the call. "Why didn't you hang up this morning?" I asked admiring his features. "I dunno you looked cute" Tommy said without looking at the camera. I felt my face heat up. I was 99.9% sure my face was red. I was grateful for the darkness of my room. "What time should I go over" Tommy asked acting as though nothing had happened. "I have to go to the store but it doesn't matter" I say, reminding myself I needed to get food.

I don't know why I was so nervous. Well I knew why but it was strange because it felt like more than nerves. I had never had an actual sleepover. Accidentally sleeping over at Tommys house didn't count did it? "Did you hear about Aubrielle's (IF THIS IS YOUR NAME IM SO SORRY I GOOGLED UNCOMMON GIRL NAMES AND THIS CAME UP SO) party?"(ok Tommy in on all of the gossip 🙄🖐 )Tommy says suddenly. "No and quite frankly I don't care" I say. "Did you wanna go?" I ask. "I was just asking cause she posted in a class discord server" Tommy says in a defending tone. "I'll go if you want to go" I say rubbing my eyes. " I dunno Phil says we should be more social" Tommy says leaning back in his chair. "So you wanna go?" I ask. "It's tomorrow we can just go together" Tommy says looking into the camera. "Sure I guess.." I say. Something told me this wasn't a good idea. But everything would be fine right? This isn't a Wattpad fan fiction where all of a sudden something would go wrong right? 

"Should we set up rules for each other?" Tommy asks as he goes back to typing. "Sure?" I say in a questioning tone. "No drugs" Tommy says looking into the camera. "That kills your whole brand but sure" I say with a shrug. "Don't ditch the other without telling them" I say. "And we're walking home together" I add. "Mhmm" Tommy agrees. "I think thats it" I say. "Alright I'll send it to you" Tommy says. To be 100% honest I wasn't fully listening to him. I was thinking about other things. Specifically the offer on the meetup. I wanted to go with all my heart but I was scared. 'What is they don't like me anymore after seeing me in person? What if they were just pretending to think I was funny and they really hate me?' All the what if's had been bothering me since Tommy first asked me about it last night. 'No. No more what if's. Theres one thing in the way of your decision. Ignore the what if's' I thought to myself listening to Tommy typing.

I grabbed my phone, putting Tommy on pause once again. I opened my mothers contact. I never had to ask her anything so this felt weird. 'Should I even ask her?' I though as I stared at the keyboard. 'Can I go meet some of my friends for a few weeks?' I type out before impulsively hitting send. Surprisingly she responded right away. A simple 'I don't care.' I don't know what I was expecting, but it hurt to read. A mother not caring about her daughter. I sat silently for a few moments before I unpaused Tommys FaceTime. "I'm gonna go to the meetup if thats ok" I say not looking towards the camera. "POG!" Tommy yells and I see him excitedly start to type on his keyboard. "Oh holy shit this is going to be so great" Tommy says beaming. I giggled, seeing him like this made me feel giddy.