13. Feelings

(A/N)'s note:

The first part of this chapter will be in Jaemin's pov.
Look forward to it.

___________________________

Jaemin's pov:

I was walking along with Jeno to the Café, to grab a coffee, when we spotted Yuta Hyung sitting in the couch, his back facing us.

"Hyung's been like that for two hours." Jeno said.

"Why?" I asked.

"No idea." said Jeno while he was scrolling down his phone. A message popped up and he stopped walking. "Go ahead Jaemin. I have some work to complete along with Chenle." I gave him a nod and walked forward.

While preparing my coffee, I glanced at Yuta Hyung who didn't notice my presence. He was playing with a cup in his hands, his eyes never leaving them. Once I was done with my coffee, I went to the vending machine to get one drink for Hyung. I sat beside him and that's when he noticed me as he gave me a small smile. I handed him the drink and he gladly accepted it.

"What's wrong Hyung? You look upset." I asked as I took a sip from my cup. He went back to staring at his cup again before answering.

"Nothing. I'm just worried about how the battle would end." he said. That's when I remembered our discussion with Mr.X two days back. The female Yokai had to die. (Y/N) had to die.

"How about (Y/N)? Is she alright?" I asked him as he was the only one other than her friends who would hang out with her. More like train with her.

"She took a day off but then started training a lot after that. She is determined to win the battle. Or should I say determined to make it out alive?" he said chuckling a bit.

"Don't worry. She'll be alright." I said although my words meant nothing.

"I wonder how she is coping up after knowing she would die anytime soon." he said. It was true. It would be really hard for her to go through all thses days to just die at the end.

"Anyways, how about you? You weren't acting like yourself for the past two days. Do you have problems in training?" Hyung asked changing the subject. I shook my head. "Concentrate more on your second power." he told and I nodded. Taeyong Hyung told me the same. I had to concentrate on my second power more as it is my only offensive power, Body Hardening. My Psychometric power would not be of any help in the battle.

But that's not what kept me thinking and repenting these two days. It was because of the mistake I did.

"Spill it." Said Yuta Hyung. I looked at him confused. "I can read your mind Jaemin. Now spill it. Everything that's bothering you." he said with a sigh as he leaned back to rest on the couch.

"I made a mistake Hyung. On that day when we met Mr.X? I did something which wasn't right." I said while my head hung low. Hyung looked interested in it so I continued. "I compelled Ray to take off her gloves and when she refused, I tried to take it off myself. I was just playing but it ended up bad. I just wanted her to learn to control her power but that wasn't the right step. She got pissed off." I completed.

"Apologize then." he said. "It was your fault anyways. What's wrong in asking sorry?"

"I just don't know how to face her. Also my mistake wasn't too big for her to snap at me." I said taking a last gulp and placing the cup on the table.

"You like her, don't you?" he asked which made my eyes widen. I immediately shook my head.

"N-No Hyung. What-Why would I!?" I felt embarrassed for some reason that I couldn't find words to deny. But I do have a different feeling whenever I'm around her.