19. Don't Give Up

Third person's pov:

It was around 10 AM. (Y/N)'s training session was about to start. She woke up just in time and got dressed up, her hair tied up in a loose ponytail. She waved at Elena as she went to the training grounds for her practice. Ray had something important to do, so she left the dorm earlier than the two girls.

(Y/N) made her way to the practice room after grabbing a cup of coffee. She secretly wished that the limited duration she had before her death should be entertaining for her, which brings a smile on her face. But not everything goes according to one's wish. As she turned around the hallway, in the far corner she spotted Yuta standing, his arms crossed as he spoke with Alice. They both looked at her direction. Her eyes met Yuta's and she averted it towards Alice. She could feel her heart sting on finding them together but she let that thought leave her mind, by quickly turning around to escape that place.

On watching her leave, Yuta tried to follow her but was stopped as Alice caught his wrist on time. "I'm just asking for a chance." she said as she made those puppy eyes but that made no effect on Yuta as he was still watching the corner of the hallway, from where (Y/N) disappeared.

Stop thinking about it!!
You shouldn't care! It's his life.

(Y/N) was unable to shake off that scene from her head. It somehow triggered her. As she knew Yuta wouldn't show up in the practice room for another five minutes probably because Alice wouldn't leave him, she decided to go and look through some of the books in the room.

As she was heading to the practice room, she could hear small, distant whispers of someone. She tried searching for the person speaking but stopped in her tracks. There she saw, Jaemin and Ray, talking to each other. More like Jaemin persuading her into doing something and Ray, as usual, kept on a straight face of denial. "What's this? She said she had something important to do." (Y/N) spoke slowly to herself so that she couldn't disturb their conversation.

Finally she entered the practice room which seemed unusually darker, almost reflecting her thoughts. She went to the rack near the window and placed down her bag which had few notes she used to take during classes. She stood on tiptoes to get a better look of the students in the ground, from the window.

She could see Alex's mischievous behavior as he kept on spraying water on Stacy with his incredible power, but denied it when confronted. On the other hand, Elena was walking at a fast pace with her arms crossed as Jason was following her all along, trying to talk to her.

"Couples day, is it?" (Y/N) spoke quietly to herself, as she balanced herself back on her feet again. Of course, she saw too many of them since she woke up, so it was hard to deny.

"What?" Yuta's voice echoed through the room. (Y/N) was completely unaware of his presence but he seemed to have arrived earlier than her assumption. On hearing his voice she quickly took a book from the rack and started flipping through the pages without replying to him, lest giving him a glance. He sighed deeply as he went to his usual spot and took out few books to decide what they'll be learning today.

Fortunately they didn't let personal feelings or grudges disturb them during their practice. Although they didn't speak much, they were able to learn the power quick enough. It was time to head back from training. Yuta and (Y/N) were standing at two corners of the room, both packing their stuff to leave. That's when
(Y/N) finally decided to speak up.

"Why did you reject her?" she asked, trying not to meet his eyes. There was was silence all around them. He didn't reply. Fearing he would take her words in a different meaning she continued. "I mean... It would be helpful for you to overcome your feelings for me...right?"