16. Aftermath

(Y/N)'s pov:

A mild headache woke me up and I found myself in the infirmary bed again. I kept on tossing to the side until I couldn't bare it anymore. Taeil and Kun weren't anywhere to be seen. That's when I realized how I ended up here. The battle. I looked out of the window to find a bright sky. The last thing I remembered before passing out was that we were fighting till sunset. Does that mean this is the next day?

I slowly pushed aside the covers and stood up. There were few people in other beds too, who were asleep. I wasn't able to remember anything, so I was desperately hoping for someone to explain everything that happened after I left the battlefield. I carefully made my way out of the infirmary. It was around 10.15 am and the first thing that came to my mind was my training session which should have began already. I went to the practice room but I couldn't see Yuta anywhere around. Our classroom as well as the main hall was empty too. Everyone must be at the Cafeteria. I thought.

Although my head was throbbing a lot, I quietly went there to find a huge crowd gathered. The moment I entered, all eyes averted to me. I was kind of used to this by now. My friends came dashing towards my direction.

"Are you alright? We were so worried about you!" said Elena as they escorted me to one of the tables. "I'm fine. I told you I won't die too soon." I said as I was walking along with them. Just then, I looked up to see Yuta coming towards us from the food counter. Our eyes met for a second and before I could feel awkward due to it I asked him "You weren't there at the practice room?"

"Do you think we would be practicing when you're in this state?" he asked calmly. Of course we can't, but Yuta was too strict to let me off for even five minutes. I just looked down at my feet when he continued "Everyone is off today. The Chief asked us all to take rest." I nodded at him.

Through the corner of my eyes, I could see a girl fumbling with something until her friends pushed her towards my direction. If I hadn't moved a step back, she would have literally fell on me. For few seconds Stacy and I were just standing at the same spot until she spoke up.

"I-...Well...Uh....Why did you save me?" she asked with an annoyed expression on her face. For some reason, I felt my heart sting at her words. Why did you save me? After all I did, is that what she could say? That's when I remembered it was the exact feeling Yuta would have felt on that day when I asked him the same thing. It did hurt and I felt ashamed at myself. I looked at him but he was busy staring daggers into the back of Stacy's head.

"She went through all of this because of you! And this is all you could say?" spat Alex, which made her flinch. "You know what? You shouldn't be trained for your powers. You should be trained to have some humanity." he said and Stacy looked like she was really hurt.

"Why did you do it? I owe something to you now. I have to be sweet around you. I have to act good towards you. That's embarrassing!!" she started blabbering. And there I was pitying her because I thought she was really affected by the words Alex said.

"I didn't try to save you." I said. "I just wanted to use that glowing weapon but unfortunately I broke it into pieces. So please don't misunderstand!" I didn't want her to think that I'm a good person because I saved her.

"So there is no need to act good with me. That would make me feel awkward around you." I said. We were better when we used to fight and I had to accept that fact. Alex was just giving her disgusting looks all the time. I chuckled at him, went to the table and took a seat as I was not feeling too good. Fortunately I found Kun and he helped me heal a little bit but he said that I have to rest some more.

All my friends had surrounded me by that time with their food trays. I realized I didn't get one so I decided to go to the food counter. "I'll be right back" I told my friends and was about to get up but someone placed a food tray in front of me. I looked up to see Yuta taking a seat beside me with his own tray. I thanked him and proceeded to eat only to be interrupted by Alex.

"What's wrong with your food tray?" he asked, darting his eyes from my tray to his. That's when I realized that I had different dishes compared to what others got. "They prepared some healthy stuff for you and the injured ones in the infirmary. It wasn't available in the food counter so I had to go into the kitchens to get you yours." said Yuta as he was munching on his food.

It seemed like he wanted me to thank him again because of the efforts he made and I did it anyways. Alex looked displeased and said that he should have been hurt in the battle somehow. But he was the best at using his powers. Everyone was. Except me who passes out any time. Suddenly something clicked in my mind.

"I was waiting to ask you all. What about the battle?" I asked desperately, unaware of how it ended up.

"We won!" said Chenle happily. "Although we didn't defeat all the Creeks as few escaped back into the sky."

"I see." I was in deep thought. Did the Creeks return to inform their queen on any updates here? "How long did I take to wake up?" I asked again.

"You just slept for the night. Even we did. Umm... You just slept a little longer than us." said Ray who was almost done with her food.

"Any severe injuries?" I kept on asking.

"Fortunately no!" said Taeyong. He looked too pleased to have won the first battle. Even I was, not because we won, but because I made it out alive. I somehow felt selfish on thinking about it.

"Is that all you could worry about now? After almost dying?" Yuta asked with an unreadable expression on his face. It was true I was scared of losing my life, but he seemed even more scared. As time went by I kept asking him to overcome his feelings whereas on the other hand I was growing mine.

Once I was done with my food, I walked away with my tray in my hands, Alex following behind me. The others started moving too.

"Can I ask you something?" asked Alex as he ran up to match my pace. I hummed in response and he continued. "If Yuta is Cold dog.... Then are you Hot dog?" he asked grinning like an idiot. I snapped my head towards him, giving him a disgusted look. Just then Yuta went past from between us, releasing a small sigh. Did he listen to our conversation?

"Does he seem to be pissed off?" asked Alex, crossing his arms, acting like he was in deep thoughts. I felt to punch him right in his face, but restrained myself as I walked back to my dorm to get some rest. On my way back, someone caught hold of my wrist. I turned around to look at a blonde haired girl slightly shorter than me. I immediately recognized her as one of Stacy's friends, Alice.

"Do you know where Yuta is?" she asked me, letting go off my wrist and fidgeting her fingers.

"He was in the Cafeteria few minutes ago.. But I don't know where he went off to" I said, smiling at her. She gave a small nod and went away searching for someone, probably Yuta.

Why did she ask for him? I have never seen him talk to any of the girls apart from me and my friends. It somehow kept bothering me and I wanted to follow that girl. I was about to step forward but froze at my spot.

Why does it matter to you? Didn't you say you would overcome your feelings?

I thought to myself. Reluctantly, glancing at the direction the girl went for two to three times, I walked to my dorm.

__________________

(A/N)'s note:

Here is a short update!!
Introduction of a new character Alice!
Because I thought the storyline wasn't going too well :)
Let me know ur thoughts about the characters and the story.