12. Truth (Pt. 2)

(Y/N)' pov:

It has been two days after that training session. I was back to normal soon enough for me to continue my training. But Yuta kept apologizing very frequently and that made me confused. Later I got to know from Taeil that he felt sorry for having pressurised me in my training. What's wrong with Cold Dog.

Today we were gathered in the main hall as Taeyong wanted to discuss few strategies which would be useful in the battlefield. "Everyone here?" Taeyong asked while flipping through few files in his hands.

"Alex is yet to arrive" said Elena who was sitting beside Ray. But Ray was busy chatting with Jaemin, and for the first time in many days I saw her genuinely smile.

I saw Yuta and Taeyong talking about something while pointing at me. Soon after Yuta came and took a seat beside me. Out of curiosity I asked him. "What's wrong?"

"Taeyong asked about your progress as your reports weren't with him." he said, making himself comfortable. He looked at my confused face and continued. "It's with the Chief. He wanted to check it."

I nodded slightly but that made my curiosity grow even more. Why were only my reports being checked? Why is only my body not able to handle the  pressure I exert for using my powers? And that day the Chief and the old man left without providing proper information. It was all related and it had something to do...... with me.

Third person's pov:

Alex was making his way towards the main hall with a cup of coffee in his hands. He happened to pass the office, where the door was partly open. He peeked inside to find two figures talking to each other. But they were unaware of his presence.

"She has good progress. Unlike the previous ones." said a tall, bald man who was standing near the table and checking some files.

The other man present in the room just nodded. "We should have told them the truth on that day." he said while playing with a pen.

"I didn't want them to know. Especially (Y/N). They would lose hope." the tall man was now making his way towards a chair to sit.

"Telling them half of the truth makes no sense. They will be outraged when they get to know it later." said the other man heaving a big sigh. "We need to let them know it sooner."

With just their voices Alex was able to identify the two men as he ran towards the main hall to spill the information he had gathered. The noice of his footsteps made the two men realise that someone was listening to their conversation.

(Y/N)' pov:

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard the door slam open. Everyone turned their heads towards the person only to find Alex panting. He had his hands placed on his knees for support as he spoke with heavy breaths.

"The Chief and that Senex are hiding something important. I overheard their conversation."

Taeyong looked displeased as he had few plans to discuss. But everyone had their focus on Alex. "We shouldn't have believed them—" he was cut off by an old weary voice.

"It's alright son. We'll let you know what we are hiding." the old man, Mr. X was now walking in our direction after patting Alex on the back and earning a confused look from him.

"I'm not listening to his lies anymore. I'm leaving." Yuta told me and proceeded to leave. I caught his arm just in time to stop him. He turned to look at me, the cold expression forming on his face. "You know it too that there is something that is not adding up to our suspicion. He might be the one to clear it." I said and pulled him back. He did so reluctantly.