23. Exhausted

(Y/N)'s pov:

It has been almost three days since the second battle ended. I finally made it out alive. After knowing I have no other option but to die at the end, I at least wanted to live till the final battle. I was said that I woke up after a whole day when I passed out. I somehow felt that I'm setting records in this way. Fortunately Jisung had healed completely too.

Everything one would want now would be the final battle to end. But I wanted it to delay, as I wanted to live some more. I regretted everything I didn't do when I had enough time, now that I'm walking towards my end. All I wanted was few peaceful days to pass before my death. But nothing goes how I want it to be. Alice was back torturing me again. Surprisingly Stacy was well behaved and I heard she even helped me back to the infirmary when I passed out. My friends were exceptionally nice towards me and that kept me going.

And now I'm here again, in the practice room. Both me and Yuta were looking through some books. I finally found one power which could be easier to practice, but when I lifted my head to tell him, he was already sleeping with his arms folded and placed on the table while his head was resting on it.

He must be exhausted too. I thought. He didn't take even a seconds break as he put all his heart and soul into winning the battle. He never showed it, but I wasn't too stupid to not know how tired he must be. I slowly closed my book and placed it on the side, as we wouldn't be able to practice now. He stirred a bit in his sleep, as he buried his head deeper into his arms.

That's when I realized something. I slowly stood up from my chair, carefully, not making any scraping noise with the chair and walked towards the rack where my bag was placed. On opening the zip, I found his black leather jacket inside it, which he had given me on that so called fun day. I wanted to return it to him sooner but I never got a proper chance. I took it out slowly and walked towards him. He looked like he was in a sound sleep. On placing the jacket over him, I felt him move a little taking in the warmth of the jacket as it was too cold nowadays. I pulled the sides of his jacket to completely cover him and looked at his face, his bangs were hiding his eyes.

Unknowingly my hand reached to touch his bangs, as I tried to push it away from his eyes. His hair was too soft that I felt a need to ruffle it right at the moment but that would only end in waking him up. Just then, I heard the door knob turn, as someone entered the room.

"(Y/N)! Yuta–" Taeyong came in, without looking at us as his eyes were on some files in his hands. I immediately shushed him and when he looked up in confusion, I pointed at Yuta. Taeyong let out a quiet chuckle and pointed towards the door, whispering 'Let's talk outside'.

I gave him a nod and turned towards Yuta who was still sound asleep. I took out a small piece of paper and wrote a note on it, in case he wakes up before our session gets over.

Get some sleep :)
I'll meet you at lunch!

After sticking the note to one of the books near him, I went outside where Taeyong was waiting.

"He looks tired." Taeyong said, as he arranged few files in his hand and handed me one.

I nodded at him. "Yes. So I thought it would be good to let him get some rest. By the way, what is this?" I asked as I shook the thick file in my hand.

"Your reports. It's usually Yuta who checks it, but looks like I have to meet him again for this." he said, as he checked other files. "And these are others reports. I need to check them all." he said with a long sigh.

"Why is my file as thick as a dictionary and others are just normal?" I said showing a displeased face. Taeyong just chuckled at me and left for his work after I handed my file back to him when I was done checking it.

As I had no other option, I decided to take a troll along the corridors. It was empty and I was happy to get some privacy. I was having random thoughts as I turned around the hallway. There were many rooms which either being used by students for practice or were always closed. Jaemin had set up a room for Ray to train and practice her power and they were doing quite well. I just passed by their practice room, not wanting to disturb them.

But my eyes caught another room with it's lights on. It was usually locked down but seemed like someone had entered it. Out of curiosity I stepped forward and placed one hand on the door knob, while I raised the other and knocked slowly on the door. I opened the door slowly to see Jason and Elena sitting together in two chairs. On viewing closely I saw Jason moving closer to her, as I completely opened the door. Within few seconds he went flying to the other side of the room without separting from the chair. The chair hit the opposite wall from Elena and Jason slightly hit his head on the wall too. Elena looked quite flustered, probably at her actions.

As for me I stood there, with wide eyes and mouth agape. I took turns to look at both of them and immediately shut the door close. I tried to shake off the scene from my head because I didn't want my mind to wander off to dirty thoughts. On turning around to leave, I hit someone's chest and fell back on the door I just closed. Yuta was standing there with his cold expression, he didn't look like he had come after a short nap.

"Why did you leave?" he asked in a husky voice, as he looked at my hands which were still on the door knob. Not wanting him to get inside the room, I immediately replied.

"You were sleeping so I left. I left a note for you."

"I know" he said, with the same hoarseness in his voice.

"Then why are you asking?" I scoffed at him, as I withdrew my hand from the door knob. He let out a deep sigh and said.

"You could have woke me up, instead of just leaving."

"You seemed too much exhausted so I thought it would be better if you get some rest." I said, trying to convince him into looking after himself and getting some good rest. He just looked at me without replying. I felt so small under his gaze so I diverted my attention from him, thinking I had said something wrong.

"It's alright. Let's go practice now." Yuta said as he walked away without waiting. I looked at my watch to find out there were only ten minutes left.

"Practice? There's only ten minutes left?" I asked as I still stood behind him, not moving forward. He paused for a second and turned around.

"Don't you want to win the final battle?" he asked as he turned around again and disappeared into the dark corridors.

"Either way I'll die." I said with a sigh as I followed him for our ten minute practice.

Third person's pov:

(Time: When (Y/N) left the room to talk with Taeyong)

After hearing the noise of the door knob clicking, he opened his eyes, convinced that (Y/N) left the room. Yuta slowly lifted his head and found his leather jacket wrapped around him. He slowly took it off and held it in his hand. On looking at it he thought, how she had touched his bangs so slowly, when she thought he was sleeping. How it wasn't just him but also her, who was trying her best to not show her feelings in front of him.

On looking at his side he found her note. A small smile crept up his lips unknowingly when he read it. What would be the reason for him to smile after she dies? He wanted to spend the maximum time he could, with her, so he placed his jacket on the chair and left the room in search of her.

____________

(A/N)' note:

I would be updating short chapters now as I want to complete this story soon.
Thanks for all your support :)