30. Together

Third person's pov:

(Y/N) was sitting on the grass near a huge lake. The surroundings were completely different from what she knew. The air felt good and she felt peace on staying there. She was suddenly distracted by the sound of footsteps coming closer to her. On turning around, she encountered the person she never expected to show up.

"Having a good time, little girl?" the person asked as he stood near one of the huge trees. (Y/N) immediately stood up after noticing that person.

"Mr.X?" she asked, earning a warm smile from the said person. "What are you doing here? And where are we right now?" There wasn't a stop to her interrogation.

"First let's calm down, child." the old man said. He was way too active than how she saw him earlier. "There is a lot we have to talk about."

(Y/N) didn't protest. She needed answers too, so she decided to hear him out. It took some time for both of them. Genuine smiles playing on their faces when they conversed with each other. Not so late, the old man spoke up.

"I have to say that it is time now." the old man said with a deep breath, his smile never leaving his face.

"Time for what?" she asked looking quite confused. She knew it was the old man's way of talking, never getting straight to the point.

"Time for you to stay and time for me to leave." Mr.X said in a sarcastic tone. (Y/N) raised her eyebrow, unaware of what his words meant. "Make use of this opportunity. Everything you left behind, go get it back!"

"What do you mean?" she asked, still confused at his words.

"Just remember one thing. It's not your fault. It'll never be. Choices are made by us. Just like how you made a choice that day, I have made one too. So this is not your fault. Live a better life child. You deserve it!" the old man said, as he walked towards (Y/N) and ruffled her hair.

Slowing he started walking away, out of her sight. She still didn't get a proper answer to her questions. But when she tried to follow him, she was unable to do it. Her feet seemed glued to the ground as she wasn't able to move. Suddenly the surrounding become foggy, making it difficult for her to see or breathe. She felt like she was almost drowning when she heard his voice again.

"It's not your fault."

(Y/N)'s pov:

My eyes snapped open, as I took quick, deep breaths to calm myself down. On sitting up straight on the bed I was lying on, I could feel the sweat dripping off my face. It was difficult to breathe and my vision was blurry too. Soon it all went back to normal, and when I got a better look of my surroundings, I realized I was in the infirmary.

What was the dream about?

I thought. The last thing I remembered was the queen's face before it all went black. How was I here again? They said I was supposed to die. No matter what, that was my end. Then what am I doing here?

I looked around me and slowly stepped out of the bed, careful not to lose my balance as my knees felt too weak, making it difficult for me to stand up. I looked around the infirmary but couldn't find anyone. With my wobbly legs I made my way out and started walking through the corridors to the main hall, by using the walls as a support. The main hall was empty too and so was the classroom.