14. Fire

Third person's pov:

The two hadn't spoken to each other after that encounter. None had the courage to face the other. They would steal few glances at times without the other knowing.

(Y/N) had been contemplating her thoughts through the whole night and felt awkward whenever Yuta was around her. But it had no effect on the latter. He remained as calm and cold as he could and that intrigued (Y/N) a lot.

(Y/N)'s pov:

It was 10 am. I had to practice my powers. But I can't face Yuta after what happened yesterday. I lay curled up on my bed, half asleep. If I had to fight the queen, I should at least test my skills instead of just being lazy and embarrassed.

Reluctantly, I got up and left my dorm. I reached the practice room after having a coffee, which I was craving for at the moment.

The door to the practice room was slightly opened, indicating Yuta had already arrived. Stop being embarrassed. After all it was him who did it. I thought before taking a deep breath and pushing the door open.

There I saw him seated in one of the chairs, reading a book which I had concluded to be about powers. He didn't spare even a single glance at me.

He should have noticed my presence by the sound of the door opening.

I walked closer to him at stood by the desk, where he had placed the book.
His eyes looked at my shoes for not even a second until he averted it back to the book.

Knowing this wouldn't lead to the perfect practice I had expected, I decided to initiate the conversation.

"What are you reading?" I asked in a monotone. He kept silent as though he didn't hear me.

"Is it what we are going to practice today?"

No answer.

I was done with him for sure. It somehow annoyed me that he wasn't replying. I hit the table hard with my hand and said "Are you going to keep ignoring me the whole time?"

There was a pause, a silence for few seconds until he lifted his head up and looked at me.

"Does that bother you in any way?" he said nonchalantly.

"Of course it does. I-I mean.... we have to practice... You are unfortunately my t-trainer. How can we practice, when you aren't talking to me?" I stuttered.

He heaved a big sigh and averted his attention back to the book. "Alright... I know I mean only that much to you.....So stop stuttering and practice the already learnt powers on your own today."

"Huh?" I scoffed. "I was better off in my bed" I muttered not realizing he heard that as he sighed once more.

I walked away from him to the other corner of the room, but stopped in my tracks to see if he regretted his decision. But he seemed to be so immersed into that book, it somehow made me feel to burn it.

Alas!

That's what happened. The book started burning, flames spreading almost immediately. Fortunately, Yuta hands were on his lap. My eyes widened at the sight. Yuta was shocked too and he turned to look at me with an eyebrow raised and with a 'What-the-fuck' look.

My eyes found his and I immediately turned around to avoid eye contact with him. Embarrassed to turn around and face him, I looked through the corner of my eyes. He was using his water power to stop the flames.

Once he was done he picked up the burnt book with two fingers, started swinging it and turned to look at me again. I was hitting my head mentally as well as physically, until the fire alarm stared ringing.