15. First Battle

Third person's pov:

It was a gloomy day. The skies were dark even during the morning hours, indicating that the battle would start anytime soon. The weapons and other equipments were already set up in the forest, as the Chief had said. The trees in the forest were dark brown. The musty air was difficult to breathe. The atmosphere was rather stifling and far away in the dark, dense shadows of hovering trees, could be heard the notices of the ferocious beasts, the wolves. Their eyes filled with hunger, they seemed to be ready to prance on any living creature they could find. But there was a different feel in the air that made them hide behind those large oak trees.

Back in the dorms, the superhumans were putting in all effort they can to succeed in the battle. They were given black coloured suits, with full length sleeves and mid length jackets, and enough space to stuff in some rifles and knives which they might need in the worst case. They were all gathered in the main hall along with the Chief and the old man. Mr.X looked even more weaker than before, probably because of the visions he got.

"We both will be staying in the infirmary along with Taeil and Kun." said the Chief, pointing to himself and the old man. "Remember! Bring the person to the infirmary only if they are severely injured. The Yokais can heal them on the spot, if there are minor injuries. Teleporting to the infirmary would use a lot of energy, so prefer using portals. Also, do not leave the portals open for more than 5 seconds. We can't risk the Creeks entering the infirmary."

"Yes Sir!" said Taeyong, who looked so determined and confident.

"Off to the battlefield now. Take care students" said the Chief while forcing a smile. All these days, he grew too close to the students that he regrets on letting them place their lives on line. The students slowly made their way out to the battlefield, whereas Taeil and Kun went to the infirmary.

On stepping out at the battlefield or the forest, the students were encountered by the unpleasant smell in the air. The only scene (Y/N) could recall on examining the atmosphere, was when Yuta was being strangled by a wolf, when she transformed and revealed herself.

"What about the wolves?" she asked, staring into the darkness of the forest.

"They will be hiding throughout the battle, that's what the Chief said. It is just us who will be risking our lives." Jungwoo said with a slight hint of disappointment in his voice. Taeyong placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a comforting smile.

(Y/N) was still staring at the dark path, while Yuta was looking at her. She might die today. He thought. Just then Stacy and her friends came from behind. She deliberately bumped into. (Y/N) who was almost zoned out. (Y/N) stumbled a bit before regaining her balance as well as consciousness. She turned to look at Stacy with furious eyes. "What a disturbance!" said Stacy as she scoffed at her and started walking forward.

(Y/N) was completely pissed off and now she stared, not at the dark path but at Stacy. Within no time Stacy tripped and landed straight on her butt. She was paralyzed in shock and the sudden rush of adrenaline hit her as she used her hand to prevent her from falling but failed. She felt a sharp wrench of pain in her wrist which was evident from her expression.

(Y/N) smirked at the sight whereas Yuta just stood there chuckling. Stacy was beyond embarrassed as she immediately stood up and dusted off her suit. Everyone were trying to hold back there laughter. Stacy looked at (Y/N), almost cursing through her eyes. "Tit for Tat" said (Y/N) as she went towards where the weapons were placed.

"Are you ready?" she heard Yuta speak who was behind her. She turned around to look at him and smiled. "I'm never ready for anything. I just go with the flow of life." she said earning a small smile from him.