26. Moments

(Y/N)' pov:

Me and my friends were all seated in the Café. It was a normal day, without any problems thankfully. I was happy with my coffee for the moment, but my friends kept on forcing me to eat a banana. And I hate bananas! I was refusing to eat it, but unfortunately they won. I reluctantly took it and started peeling it off.

"It's been so long right?" Alex asked, who took a seat opposite to me. We all had confused looks, until he continued "Us gathering for a pep talk?"

I smiled at the thought. It really has been so long. Last time I remember us sitting together to talk was around the third day after we were brought here. "But it isn't the same as our usual spot. The air and surroundings were perfect!" I said, referring to the huge tree in the ground which was our usual spot for a pep talk. They all nodded in agreement.

Just then the door to the Café opened, Alice walking in with an annoyed expression once she took in our presence. She just looked at us, scoffed, and went to the vending machine.

"Why do I feel so suffocating suddenly?" Elena said, as she pulled her collar and acted like she couldn't breathe. We all stifled a laugh as Alice gave her a death glare.

"Because you are sitting next to her" Alice said, pointing at me as I raised an eyebrow at her. She turned back to doing her work immediately. Whatever the situation is, whoever picks up a fight with her, she always ends up troubling and blaming me. I was done for now.

"How do you feel (Y/N)? Living your last few days." Alice asked, without turning around to look at me. I remained silent because I wasn't interested in picking a fight with her.

"Happy! Because she still hasn't become an asshole like you." Ray said as she took a sip of her coffee, smiling. I turned to look at her with a shocked expression. Ray usually avoids such heated conversations until it's related to her. But now she was here, defending me. Again I heard Alice scoff.

"These friends always support her? Then why don't you die along with her?" said Alice, laughing sarcastically. The last bit of patience in me was gone, and I felt like choking her to death. I took the last bite of the banana and looked at my friends who were all smirking at me while eyeing the banana peel in my hand.

Suddenly an idea clicked in my head and I was pretty sure my friends had thought it too. Without Alice noticing, I threw the peel on the floor, somewhere near her. Elena immediately moved it with her telekinesis power, so that it was right behind Alice's foot. Ray just looked at the peel for few seconds and made it invisible.

Alice, who was unaware of our little mischievous plan, turned around and stepped on the peel on the floor. She slipped and fell back, and was almost about to hit hard on the floor. But with her shocked expression, one could say that her body didn't touch the floor. Instead, she was lying on a water bed created by Alex. For a reason I wanted to change the floor into a concrete one but I didn't thinking of the impact. Alex was grinning widely.

Before Alice could attempt to get up, Alex snapped his fingers. Within a second, the water bed changed into its liquid form, Alice falling straight to the floor with a splash of water. She groaned in pain and looked at us, staring daggers. She was all soaked in water. We couldn't help but laugh at her condition.

"Serves you right!" I said as I watched her struggle to get up. Just then, the doorknob turned and Xiaojun came in, panting heavily. "T-There's a meeting...i-in the main hall. The final battle starts soon." he said between deep breathes.

At that moment, I felt a sting of pain at my heart. I knew I was close to death... But not this close. Alice started laughing like an idiot she is, whereas my friends just looked at me with pitying looks.

After reaching the main hall we were all informed that the battle would take place the next day. The Chief and Mr.X wished for the best outcome. Taeyong had come up with a useful plan and all the students were working hard on training. Everyone's reports were handed over to the Chief as he examined all of them. He gave out instructions to the students. We were lacking with some equipments, but fortunately we had Shotaro who worked hard on crafting the weapons with his power. Everyone was busy in their own works, but I wasn't able to focus well on training. Will I be able to defeat the queen? Will I die with no success? Will I help everyone else live? Many thoughts were running in my mind.

Will I be able to make it out alive, even if it's impossible?

________________

(A/N)'s note:

Sorry for such a small and boring chapter.
I wanted to complete this book real quick, so I guess I'm not giving my everything in writing it :(