25. Ready

(Y/N)'s pov:

There wasn't even a single peaceful day, in my already limited lifespan. Much to my dismay. My friends were always there to support me, only positive thing in my life. I sat in the table with my friends, in the cafeteria, playing with my spoon. Alex and Jungwoo were having a competition on who would complete the food first. Jason had joined us for lunch too, much to Alex's disgust.

After completing my lunch, I walked a bit quicker than my friends as I wanted to avoid a particular person, who had made it her daily routine to torture me after lunch. But unfortunately, my luck wasn't working. It never did. There she was, standing right in front of me with that sly smirk plastered on her face as usual. Unlike other days, she wasn't accompanied by her friends, probably because she lost all of them.

"Have you decided?" Alice asked, probably referring to our conversation yesterday.

"How did you even think I'd give importance to your words and think over it?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

She let out a sarcastic laugh. "Does that mean I won? The great female Yokai wasn't able to defeat a Ronen?" she asked. I somehow felt she knew about my weakness and what was holding me back from fighting with her.

"Don't let the demons in me arise." I warned, with a huge sigh. Through the corner of my eyes, I saw Ray and Elena taking both my sides, if I ever needed back up.

"Well I would love to see them. Do you think I'm scared like the girls?" Alice said, pointing at a group of girls behind her who were gossiping about us.

"You're questioning your own gender." I deadpanned.

"You bitch!!" Alice was faster in acting out than cursing. She aimed forward with her hand raised, as she moved towards me to grab hold of my hair. Out of all days, I decided to let my hair fall free without tying it up today, and I was never going to let her dirty hands ruin them.

I immediately caught her wrist, making her avert her eyes towards me, anger and a slight bit of fear reflecting in them. But I didn't care about it. Without letting go off her wrist, I spun her around, wrapping her own arms around her neck, almost performing a headlock.

Even though I didn't move my eyes from her, who was literally hitting my hand as if her life depended on it, I could feel the shocked expressions of the people in the Cafeteria. Just then I heard someone whistle, immediately recognizing it as Alex, and later heard Ray and Elena clapping behind me. For few seconds we remained like that, the poor girl was struggling to get out of my hold.

On realizing I went a bit too far, especially in front of a whole group of people, I immediately let go off her. She caught her throat and kept on coughing. Wow! I almost killed her.

"You!! How dare yo-" She was back to normal now as she again lunged forward to hit me.

I cut her off which made her stop. "All this time I thought you really liked Yuta but you didn't." I stole a glance at Yuta who was standing beside Jaehyun, leaning against a wall, as he witnessed the whole situation. "So you better back off.....Or else..... I'm ready to fight with you for him."

Yes. I said that without a second thought. But I needed to maintain my composure. So I put on a confident face in front of her. Everyone were surprised at my words, but I didn't dare to look at them. To look at Yuta. I might seem dumb but all I wanted was to save him from this bitch. It's the least I can do for him before I die.

"Are you challenging me right now? Do you think you can do that?" she huffed in response, clearly taunting me.

"I can. You just need to let me be in peace" I said as I started walking away from her, trying not to look at anyone, especially Yuta.

"Yeah sure, anyways in few days it would be rest in peace for you." Alice commented, which made me stop in my tracks. There was a huge silence. My head hung low as I thought that she was right, for the first time.

"At least I don't die with a face like yours" I said and walked away quickly before anyone could stop me. I could hear Ray and Elena picking up a heated conversation with Alice but I didn't bother to join them. I fastened my pace and almost started running at the end to reach a secluded corner in the dark hallway.

After reaching there, I made sure no one was around and then started hitting my head at the pillar.

"Idiot! Idiot! Are you crazy?" I kept shouting at myself. "How do you think you can win him when you don't even have enough days left to fight?"

What would people think of me? What would Yuta think of me? Why was I always the one to have the bad luck. What did I do wrong in my previous life?

"You don't have to fight her." His voice echoed through the empty hallway, making me stop ranting. No matter how far I run off, he always managed to find me. I slowly lifted my head to look at Yuta, who was walking towards me.

"Don't fight with her. She'll only harm you. Concentrate on winning the battle first. I'll talk to her so you don't have to worry about it." he told in a calm, deep voice, as he walked away, probably in search of Alice.

I couldn't help but follow him secretly. For a second I lost track of him and roamed for around five minutes through the corridors, until I found them talking to each other.

"It's not like me and (Y/N) would get together after I reject you. It's just that I'm not interested in such things. So you better stop this nonsense and leave her alone. Stop torturing her every day when she doesn't even have enough time left!" Yuta was shouting in a low voice, I could say. Alice just kept on nodding at him. She somehow shuts her mouth in front of Yuta, but nags me all the time.

I slowly left that place and kept walking through the corridors, while looking at my feet.

Anyways in few days it would be rest in peace for you.

Her words kept playing in my head. She was right. Now there is no way to even hope to make it out alive, as I did in the previous battles. It was hard. It was even harder than knowing that your suffering from a deadly disease. But I just had to accept fate. The only thing I should focus now, was on winning the battle. That's what everyone expect from me.

I shouldn't just die for nothing.

_______________

(A/N)'s note:

The story is almost coming to an end!!
Thanks for supporting me, my loyal readers :)
Pls look forward to the last few chapters