20. Mistake

Third person's pov:

Things were going quite well. There was no news about the second battle so everyone thought that it would be better to enjoy during the days left along with practicing. For at least one day, they decided to have some fun. The Chief gladly accepted their request. They had arranged for a small gathering near the swimming pool area, in a sit out. It was usually open but they didn't visit it a lot. But now all they wanted was just to spend a day with no fear and worries.

(Y/N) had dressed in a simple way with black jeans, black t-shirt, dark blue and green checked jacket along with sneakers. Ray and Elena had dressed in a similar way too. None of them were interested in elegant and attractive clothing, but as it was too cold outside, they covered themselves up with jackets and sweaters.

"Why don't you let your hair down?" asked Ray as (Y/N) was tying up her hair in a loose ponytail. She just smiled as a reply and continued. "Just forget everything and enjoy today, alright?" said Elena and received a nod from (Y/N).

(Y/N) let them know everything about her and Yuta, including their conversation in the practice room. Ray and Elena were quite pissed off at Alice but they supported (Y/N) in her decision and asked her to reach out to them anytime. Alex on the other hand was quite upset because he always shipped the Yokai couple.

When the three girls were done, they left the dorm together to reach the sit out area. Few had already gathered there. Much to (Y/N)'s satisfaction, there was a separate counter for coffee and the first thing she did after reaching there was to drink a coffee. They all made themselves comfortable and started having a random conversation.

One by one, people started gathering, making the sit out area as noisy as the cafeteria. (Y/N) noticed Yuta entering, dressed decently with a black leather jacket, but he didn't look at her. Yuta hadn't said anyone about their conversation, except for Taeyong. The latter felt disappointed but tried his best to convince Yuta that it was the right decision. Both Yuta and (Y/N) didn't bring up the matter. They remained normal like how they were before which helped them reduce the tension in the atmosphere during their practice sessions. Alex had entered along with them and after few while he reached the spot where the girls sat, to take a seat.

"Ahh....I forgot to ask. How did your training with Jaemin go?" asked
(Y/N) as she sipped her coffee.

"Training with Jaemin?" Alex and Elena asked in unison.

"Not good. I'm still learning to control it." said Ray as she looked at her hands which were hidden under the gloves. Elena had the 'What's-goings-on' look on her face so  (Y/N) explained it to her.

"Woah! My second ship is sailing!!" said Alex with a smirk on his face, as he clapped his hands together. Ray hit him on his arm with a disgusted look but didn't try to argue with him over the fact. Was she warming up to Jaemin? Thought (Y/N).

"Who is your first ship then?" asked Elena as she tried to control her laugh so as to not get hit by Ray.

"The Yokai Couple of course!!" shouted Alex, making everyone around look at them. He immediately shut his mouth with his hand, not because he was embarrassed, but because (Y/N) and Ray were quick enough to step on his legs from both sides making him scream. Elena was still fighting to control her laughter. (Y/N) slightly looked up to see Yuta, who sat with a confused expression as he looked towards their table. Not able to meet his eyes, she averted it somewhere else only to find Alice staring daggers at her. Again she moved her eyes from Alice and landed it on Elena who was stifling a laugh.

"There seems to be another couple here too!" said (Y/N) with a smirk, while she looked at Elena who immediately made a straight face. "What’s going on between you and Jason?" she asked.