9. Truth

Yuta's pov:

Why did she do it? Why did she have to reveal herself? Her body lying in the forest seemed lifeless. All her energy drained out, she looked pale. She was rushed to the infirmary immediately. But the Chief asked me to carry her to a special room attached to the infirmary. I did as he said, without questioning and now she was there lying on the bed. Taeil Hyung was trying to heal her wounds.

"It's not because of the wounds, it's because she was completely exhausted that she passed out." said Taeil Hyung who was checking her pulse.

"Let us leave her to get some rest. There is a lot you all should know once she wakes up." said the Chief, motioning us to get out. The Chief wasn't upset that we had entered the forest, instead he seemed pleased to know who the other Yokai is.

We all left the room and made our way towards the main hall.

"She should have at least told me." said Alex once we were seated.

"No wonder I was talking to her earlier about the female Yokai but she never showed any expression. Maybe she did it because I was too eager to know about myself." said Taeyong, his head hung low. He then explained it to everyone, about his powers and his conversation with the Chief. Everyone seemed shocked because they were probably being hit by reality.

Taeyong placed his hand on my shoulder as I was sitting beside him. "Don't worry, we finally get to know the reason behind everything." he said assuring me with a smile.

But I didn't care about it anymore. All I thought was why she saved me. By this time I knew that my feelings for her were taking a different turn.

"Hyung! Do you want some coffee?" Mark asked as he was about to leave the main hall. I shook my head.

"Hyung?" asked Ray, quite confused.

"Elder brother. That's what it means. Surprisingly most of us were selected from the same country before we were brought here. So we use few terms of our own language." explained Doyoung. Ray nodded her head, taking in all the information.

We sat there for few hours, talking about our powers. Stacy entered the main hall after a short conversation with the Chief, but I wasn't interested in knowing. Alex showed complete disgust on his face when he spotted her.

She was too dumb to enter the forest in the first place. She didn't have any strength to fight the wolves either. She probably just thought that she would have escaped using her portal creation and replication powers.

For few minutes we were all silent, it seemed like we were in our own thoughts. "Let me go check on her" I said breaking the silence. I stood up and walked to the infirmary. On my way I spotted our Chief talking with an old man. I didn't try to spy on them and proceeded.

She was still asleep, or I should say unconscious? Her wounds were completely healed thanks to Taeil Hyung. Not sure if she was going to wake up anytime soon, I started walking back.

That's when I heard muffled voices coming from her direction. I turned around to see her moving and opening her eyes slowly. Thankfully, Taeil Hyung entered the room to check her.

"Are you feeling alright?" he asked her, as she was trying to sit up.

"Yeah.. Just a slight headache." she said, placing her palm on her forehead.

"Don't worry, I'll help you heal." Taeil Hyung just placed his hands on her forehead. I could conclude from her change of expression that she felt better. "Chief wants to talk us. He asked us to gather in the main hall. Help her walk there." Taeil Hyung said while looking at me. I nodded my head and gave him way to leave the room.