i. the return of Eden

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▬▬▬▬▬▬ 𝗈𝗇𝖾
the return of Eden

         GROWING UP, Eden never really got to experience the peacefulness of silence

         GROWING UP, Eden never really got to experience the peacefulness of silence. But now, living alone in a large condo in New York, she was able to. Although, it wasn't all that she imagined it to be. Eden and Evander were extremely talkative, especially when they were together — which was always. They had a tendency to talk back, leave snarky comments, and just be extremely garrulous. Nonetheless, everyone that didn't want them dead, loved the two Hecate children (whether they admitted it or not).

As per usual, Eden sat in the familiar silence, a glass of red wine in hand as she re-read one of her favorite books. The silence was soon interrupted, however, when her phone buzzed, alerting her she had received a message. Confused, Eden picked up her phone. She didn't talk to many people, so she wasn't sure who could possibly be texting her. But when she picked up the phone and saw the bolded name the message had been sent from, she nearly dropped her alcoholic beverage on the white rug below her. There, in bolded letters, read the name of the person she swore to protect, but failed to do so when she bailed.

DEREK HALE
I need you to come to Beacon Hills.
It's urgent.

Although the message was vague and cryptic, much like the person she received it from, it was enough for Eden to race into her bedroom and begin packing all her belongings. After she left Derek and Laura Hale a year after the fire, she never heard from them; with good reason. So now, to receive a message of urgency from him, she didn't have a doubt in her mind that whatever Derek Hale needed her for, would be anything less than life-threatening.

EDEN
I'll be there by tonight.

One long plane ride later, Eden arrived in the small town of Beacon Hills, California. It was almost exactly the same as when she first left it over six years ago; the only difference being the darker, eerie setting it now had. It wasn't a secret to her to that the town had supernatural roots. Being one with gifts herself, it was no mouth dropping revelation that werewolves, and other beings, stayed as residents there.

Eden was about to break out into a run to get to Derek, when she looked down and realized she was wearing thigh-high boots. Definitely not running attire. She groaned and glanced around her surroundings. For once, the universe seemed to be on her side as she spotted a nice motorcycle parked outside a diner a few feet away. The curly haired brunette smirked before walking over and stealing the motorcycle. Now, with her new ride, Eden began on the road to her old friend. Only, then her stomach growled and she remembered how starved she was after being deprived of food for several hours. So, Derek would have to wait.