xix. wounded heart

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▬▬▬▬▬▬ 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇
                     ↳ wounded heart

          IF YOU ASKED EDEN WHAT she thought she would be doing in Beacon Hills when she returned, she definitely wouldn't have said "getting held hostage in the sheriff's station with Derek Hale, and three teenage boys, one of which is a murderer...

IF YOU ASKED EDEN WHAT she thought she would be doing in Beacon Hills when she returned, she definitely wouldn't have said "getting held hostage in the sheriff's station with Derek Hale, and three teenage boys, one of which is a murderer in charge of a giant lizard." No, she definitely wouldn't have said that. Yet, that's exactly what she was doing in the middle of the night.

Matt, sed murderous teenage boy in charge of giant lizard, leaned over so he was above a paralyzed Derek Hale. The alpha looked up, unamused by the person standing above him. "This is the one controlling him?" He asked rhetorically. "This kid?"

"Well, Derek, not everyone's lucky enough to be a big bad werewolf," Matt taunted before standing up and turning to the three teenagers standing behind him helplessly. "Oh yeah, that's right! I've learned a few things lately. Werewolves, hunters, kanimas, vampires; it's like a frickin' halloween party every full moon." His words confirmed for Eden that he was unaware she was part witch. Something she could use to her advantage, as long as she kept her magic under control. Although, deep down, if she ended up killing Matt, she wouldn't shed a tear over it. "Except for you, Stiles. What do you turn into?"

In his usual Stiles manner, he answered sarcastically. "Abominable snowman. But uh, it's more of like a wintertime thing, you know, seasonal."

Matt, not finding amusement in his comment, ordered Jackson to cut his neck, rending him paralyzed alongside Derek. The buzzcut boy immediately lost all feeling in his body, landing on top of Derek. Eden moved to help him, only for Jackson to hold up his claws threateningly at her. She hissed at him but backed down, watching as Stiles crashed. "You bitch," he mumbled.

Derek grunted as the pale boy rested on him, "Get him off of me," he spoke through gritted teeth.

To Derek's dismay, Matt did find amusement in this. "Oh, I don't know, Derek. I think you two make a pretty good pair." He chuckled. "It must kinda suck though, to have all that power taken away from you with just a little cut to the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless."

"Still got some teeth, why don't you get down here a little closer, huh? We'll see how helpless I am."

"Yeah, bitch!" Stiles added, his voice muffled as his face was pressed into Derek's shoulder.

The sound of another vehicle approaching sounded, and this time, they knew for sure who it was.

"Is that her?" Matt asked for confirmation, his tone darkening.

Scott's face fell, shutting his eyes in fear of what the outcome of this situation would be. Eden moved her hand into Scott's , giving it a comfortable squeeze to assure him everything would be okay. Eden knew what it was like to lose the only family you had, and she'd be damned if the same happened to Scott.