xxx. just can't say it

CHAPTER 030JUST CAN'T SAY IT !

CHAPTER 030
JUST CAN'T SAY IT !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝖤𝖣𝖤𝖭 𝖲𝖠𝖳 𝖰𝖴𝖨𝖤𝖳𝖫𝖸 on top of a desk in the vacant classroom, waiting for Derek to voice his response to the two girls displaying their strange bruises marked upon their wrists.

After staring intently at the purple marks, Derek sighed. "I don't see anything," he spoke, his arms crossed.

Scott rolled his eyes in response as Stiles and Eden, who both sat on top of desks, remained quiet. "Look again."

"How is a bruise gonna tell me where Erica and Boyd are?" Derek voiced his skepticism as Allison and Lydia continued to hold out their wrists for him to see.

"It's the same on both sides—exactly the same," Scott countered, playing the role of the optimist, as per usual.

"It's nothing."

"Pareidolia," Lydia spoke. "Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia." The girl added, showcasing just how intelligent she truly is.

Eden sighed and jumped down from her seat on the desk before stepping closer to her best friend, "They're just trying to help, Der."

"These two?" He replied, waving his finger between the two girls. "This one," he pointed at Lydia as he began to speak. "Who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle, thank you." He then moved his finger over to Allison, "And this one, who shot about thirty arrows into me and my pack."

For the first time since they'd started the conversation, Stiles spoke up. "Okay, alright. Come on. No one died, alright? Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death!" Stiles countered. "That's what I call an important distinction."

"My mother died," Allison reminded, her eyes narrowing as she stared at the alpha. Eden winced at the memory—the night she had fed from the vein for the first time in years.

"Your family's little honor code killed your mother, not me," Derek argued, subtly glancing at Eden after he spoke.

"That girl was looking for Scott, I'm here to help him—not you," Allison replied, her voice low as she tried to show she wasn't intimidated by the brooding man.

"You wanna help? Find something real."

The Argent's face dropped, her jaw clenching as Derek moved to exit the classroom. Eden rubbed her forehead before following after him, knowing she was probably the only one that would have the ability to get the man to listen.