xxviii. open wound

CHAPTER 028OPEN WOUND !

CHAPTER 028
OPEN WOUND !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝖤𝖵𝖤𝖭 𝖶𝖨𝖳𝖧 the glances of urgency from Allison Argent, and the faint sound of sarcastic remarks slipping from Stiles Stilinski's tongue, Eden couldn't focus. Her eyes were wide as she stared ahead, at nothing in particular, she was just in a state of shock. From beside her, Allison reluctantly took a seat, as she was hesitant due to it being the desk right in front of Scott McCall's. As Allison sat down with a smile after the werewolf awkwardly informed her the seat was vacant, she finally turned to notice her friend in an... unusual state.

Her hands were gripping the wood of her desk, her hands wrapped so tightly around it her knuckles were turning white, resembling the color of her skin as the moonlight shone on it. And her chocolate brown eyes remained still, focused solely on the wood she held tightly.

"Eden... you okay?" Asked the hunter, oblivious to the fact that the girl's thought-to-be dead first lover was, in fact, not dead.

The heretic didn't reply, and remained still. Only moving when Allison leant forward and placed her hand on her shoulder, breaking her out of her trance with a gasp.

"No!" She gasped, evidently out of it by her dilated pupils and paled face. "I... what happened? Is it true?" She asked, her head spinning, literally.

Allison's brows furrowed, "Is what true? Eden, what happened? What's going on?"

"Is he back? Is really here?"

Still confused on what was happening, the hunter glanced back over to her ex-boyfriend for answers. As he was about to answer, the sound of everyone's phones going off suddenly erupted. All students picked up their phones to see the same message in their notifications, sent by the same unknown number.

"'The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds, and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost ends of the Earth flowed somber under an overcast sky, seemed to lead into the heart of immense darkness.'" An unfamiliar voice read. The class all looked up, minus Eden who was still glancing around the room timidly, to see a young woman with curly brown hair enter the classroom, her heels clicking on the tile beneath her. "This is the last line to the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone," she informed as she held up her own phone.

The teacher, who was still yet to be named, glanced around the room until her eyes fell upon the dazed and confused heretic. When their eyes finally met, the woman seemed to have been struck with shock, much like Eden herself earlier. The woman gulped before turning away and walking behind her desk so she was now standing in front of the chalk board.