xxxv. careful what you say

035

035. careful what you say.

AFTER SITTING IN THE SILENT CAR-RIDE as Chris Argent drove Scott and Eden to the woods where they had last seen Cora and Boyd, the two teenagers quickly exited the car, in fear they would die if they stayed seated any longer. As soon as the scarf wearing teenager and brooding, leather jacket wearing alpha came into view, Eden released a sigh of relief and walked over to them, wiping the nonexistent sweat from her forehead. "That was the most painfully awkward car-ride I have ever had to sit through in my 500 years of life."

From behind her, Chris Argent rolled his eyes as he followed Scott to where the footprints of Cora and Boyd had been left.

"You poor thing," Isaac teased, receiving the middle finger from Eden as she stuck her tongue out at him, to which he mimicked. Derek then walked over, shoving both of their heads, as he rolled his eyes.

"You two are children."

"Hey! I'm older than you!" Eden remarked.

"Yeah, well, your height and childish mentality makes me think otherwise," Derek retaliated.

The heretic gasped, holding her hand over her heart. "Do you know how easy it would be for me to kill you right now? One flick of my finger and you're a goner buddy! So I don't want to hear another-"

"Enough!" Chris Argent yelled annoyedly as he shook his head, his usual frustrated expression more prominent as he glared at the pack of supernaturals.

The group fell into a silence, excluding Derek who scoffed under his breath as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I came here to help you catch two rabid killers, not listen to your bickering," Argent added as he shook his head and lowered himself to the floor in order to get a closer look at the pair of footprints left in the mud. "And for the record, you're all children." Eden frowned before shooting a glare at Isaac and Derek.

As Chris began to examine the evidence, his brows furrowed as he glanced up at the supernaturals. "You're tracking them by foot?"

"Trying to," Scott answered, kneeling down across from Argent on the floor, as the others remained standing.

"Well then you've been wasting your time. There's only one creature on Earth that can visually track footprints - and that's man," the hunter added as he stood up from his crouched position, his eyes glancing around the group after inspecting the footprints and getting the answers he needed. "And if you're not trained like me, you have no idea that this print is Boyd's," he said, pointing to one of the prints, "And these . . ." he trailed off, staring at a pair of different prints.