xxiv. an unexpected visitor

CHAPTER 024AN UNEXPECTED VISITOR !

CHAPTER 024
AN UNEXPECTED VISITOR !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖲𝖪𝖸 𝖡𝖫𝖴𝖤 𝖩𝖤𝖤𝖯 drove rapidly along the road, the brunette in the driver's seat clenching and un-clenching his jaw as he tightened his hands on the wheel. He was well past the speeding limit, but the rules of the road didn't seem to matter in the moment; all that mattered was finding his girl and ensuring she was okay.

Meanwhile, in the small grey house in the middle of the forest, another brunette sat on the ground as she listened to her unexpected visitor speak words that barely made any sense to her. She was slowly losing consciousness, due to the amount of crimson liquid spilling from the unhealed wounds on her back. Her body was painted in red like a ruined painting, her porcelain skin acting as the canvas. She was slowly losing life, the light in her doe eyes gradually giving out.

"Oh, come on sis, don't die on me now! I haven't even started telling my story!" Evander Hecate spoke from the threshold of the house, as he was unable to step forward, due to the contract of the house being signed under Stiles Stilinski's name. A vampire couldn't enter a house unless invited in by the owner, unless of course another vampire owned it. And Eden Hecate was not dumb. With the amount of enemies she and her family had made throughout their centuries of life, Eden couldn't take any chances. Thus leading her to have her close friend at the time, Stiles, sign the contract and become the owner. So unless invited in by Stiles, and Stiles only, a vampire couldn't enter.

Eden's eyes continued to flutter, the image of her brother becoming blurry as her brown irises stared at him dazedly. "H—How...? You're—" she mumbled, her voice breathy as she gasped for life.

Evander let out a chuckle, seemingly taunting the girl as she laid dying. "Well, you see, I never actually died." He stated nonchalantly, acting as if it were no big deal that he was in fact not a pile of ashes. Eden's eyes tried to watch his every move, but the image of seeing double of him due to the amount of pain coursing through her body, made it particularly difficult. Evan's head titled as he watched his sister wince as she leaned back against the wall behind her. "Ah, right! You're probably on the verge of dying. You know, I've been there. Of course, I didn't actually die though." He taunted, placing his hand up to the invisible barrier blocking him from entering. "Who owns the house, Eden? I want to give my sis a much needed hug, but... I cant get in."

Eden mustered up a small smirk, "And it's gonna stay that way until you tell me how the hell you're here." She said, before her eyes finally closed, and the darkness swarmed her until the pain in her back was merely a ghost of her past.

Evander's face fell as he watched her slow movements, "Eden. Let's not do the whole brother-sister bickering thing, alright? I haven't seen you in years, and frankly, I'm tired. Apparently living does that to you." As the girl failed to respond, Evan rolled his eyes and focused his hearing on the thumping of her heart, or rather, lack there-of. "I knew I shouldn't have started off by slowly killing her. Should have saved that for later. Oh well, I'll be back," he shrugged before leaving a small picture at the door and then running off.