xvi. blood lust

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▬▬▬▬▬▬ 𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇
blood lust

          EDEN SAT IN HER BEDROOM AT THE STILINSKI RESIDENCE, her brown irises staring intently at the floor as she tried to focus on anything but the hunger building up inside of her

EDEN SAT IN HER BEDROOM AT THE STILINSKI RESIDENCE, her brown irises staring intently at the floor as she tried to focus on anything but the hunger building up inside of her. It had only been a couple of hours since she sunk her teeth into a human's neck and fed on their blood for the first time in years, yet it was enough to replenish the blood lust she had gotten so good at pushing away. Although her door was locked, she feared it wouldn't be enough to keep Stiles, or even Noah, away from entering. She didn't want to hurt them. But the smell of their intoxicating blood that ran through their veins like a stream, was making that especially difficult.

Stiles had knocked several times on her door, doing hourly check-ins to ensure she was okay. Once he brought her lifeless body inside and set her down on his bed, she woke up minutes later and immediately locked herself in her room, not even daring to open her mouth to speak to him as she feared the worst. That was the last Stiles had seen of her. Needless to say, his worry was increasing. The buzzcut boy wasn't sure what had happened at the rave, all he knew was that Eden had died, and Scott was minutes away from doing so as well. Derek had made sure he wiped away the blood from the heretics mouth, as he knew she would want to keep this on the low. While he was increasingly worried for her, especially now, he always respected her decisions.

It was bad enough Eden saw herself as a monster. She would never want Stiles to view her the same way.

A glass of bourbon rested in her hand, her fingers spinning it to give her hands something to do. Eden brought the glass up to her mouth, feeling the cold sensation on her lips only reminded her of the taste of the metallic liquid. She took a large gulp, downing the last of her drink before setting down the cup on the desk before her. Her room was quiet, only the faint sound of trees whirling filling her room as it came from her opened window. The silence was interrupted as another knock came at her door. Stiles' hourly check-in.

"Eden? Eden, please answer me. I'm worried— just, talk to me. What happened?" Stiles asked through the white wooden door that enclosed her. She remained silent, her teeth chewing on her bottom lip so intensely, it drew blood. Though, this wasn't the blood she craved. "Please just say something— let me know you're alive. I'm dying here, Eden."

Eden brought her blank face up, her curly hair falling back over her shoulders as she brought her head up to look at the door. She could smell him. Or, his blood, more specifically. The heretic finally stood, walking over to her door where the buzzcut boy stood the opposite side of. She brought her hand up to grab the doorknob, although she hesitated to unlock it. Just as her hand rested on the knob, Stiles sighed and walked away from the door.

She suspected that was a good thing. Perhaps it was a sign claiming she was not ready to face anyone yet. That's what she told herself at least. Eden backed away and sat down on her bed, staying there until dawn.