xvii. state of mind

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▬▬▬▬▬▬ 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇
             ↳ state of mind

▬▬▬▬▬▬ 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇                                 ↳ state of mind

"HOLY SHIT, STILES. What the fuck is in here: a car?" Eden gritted through her teeth as she helped the buzzcut boy in mention carry the obnoxiously large wrapped gift to the front door. When the door opened, Lydia couldn't even see who was carrying the huge, yellow present as it took up nearly the entire door space.

"Happy birthday!" Stiles shouted, his head appearing from behind the present. Eden rolled her eyes and pushed past him, smiling at Lydia who stood with wide eyes at the entrance.

"Happy birthday, Red," Eden greeted, handing the girl a small gift of her own before walking further into the house, leaving Stiles to attempt to walk through the door with the present, by himself.

The fact that only several people had shown up to the party did not go unnoticed by the few people that walked amongst the house. Eden, who had already drank several cups of punch, stumbled onto the back patio where Stiles and Scott were conversing; Allison walking up to them as well. "Uh, Jackson's not here," Allison informed after hearing sed boy's name in the boys' conversation. Eden walked up, chugging the last of her drink before slinging her arm around Stiles. The stench of alcohol was evident on her tongue, but it was the only thing keeping her from sinking her teeth into someone's neck.

"No one is here, darling. This is the worst party I've ever attended. And I've been to many," Eden's words were slightly slurred as she spoke. She wiped her mouth with the back of her free hand, paying no attention to the arm that now hesitantly rested around her waist.

The patio was completely empty, the only guests vacating it being the four teenagers who weren't exactly the partying type.

"Maybe it's just early," Scott tried to remain optimistic, although even he didn't believe his own words. While she used to be miss popular, Lydia was now the town's crazy-pants.

Stiles scoffed, "Or maybe no body's coming because Lydia's turned into the town whack job," he countered.

Eden's eyes lit up at the boy's choice of words, "That's what I said!" She beamed.

The four teens looked across from them, noticing the strawberry blonde patiently waiting for guests to arrive as she held up several cups of punch.

Allison, feeling pity for the first friend she made when she first arrived to the town, spoke up."We have to do something, because we've completely ignored her for the past two weeks."