ii. baby beta & the bitch

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▬▬▬▬▬▬ 𝗍𝗐𝗈
                             ↳  baby beta & the bitch

        EDEN sometimes hated the way her instincts were always right

EDEN sometimes hated the way her instincts were always right. When she had first met Isaac and saw the black eye he wore, she had a feeling it wasn't the result of a school fight or incident from lacrosse. And when the curly haired boy explained to Derek why he wanted the bite, he revealed her assumption was correct. Isaac Lahey did not want to be weak anymore — he wanted to finally be able to defend himself. His dad had taken enough hits, and locked him in the ice chest enough times. It was his time to fight back, to be better.

But when his father had nearly blinded him with shatters of glass he had thrown at him, and he healed in front of him, Isaac was scared; terrified even. All the cuts and all the bruises he had endured, would finally be put to an end. The physical pain he felt would only be temporary, as his new found healing abilities kicked in, and left him only with drops of left over blood, which he wiped away with the back of his jacket sleeve. But his new status would not change the way his dad saw him, or rid the trauma he had grown accustomed to.

After the dinner incident, Isaac rode away on his bike and had no intention of returning home. So, he drove to the only place that seemed fitting. He drove to Eden. Although the two were still growing used to being around each other, and they both had their walls up, there was an understanding between them. They weren't sure what, or why, but there was something there that triggered his instinct to go see her.

Rain began to pour down, drenching the beta and causing his hair to fall down onto his forehead. He didn't care, he almost didn't even notice, as he was too set on getting to the brunette's house and confiding in her.

After several minutes, he finally arrived. Eden, as usual, was sitting on her couch reading and drinking some alcoholic beverage, when she heard the desperate knocking at her front door. Immediately, the girl switched into defense mode, her hands ready at her side. But when she opened the door and found none other than the baby beta, dripping wet, and a patch of dried blood on his cheek, her hands relaxed, and her face twisted into concern.

"Isaac? Erm, hey. Are you... okay?" She asked, not really sure how to approach the subject.

Isaac shook his head, causing droplets of water to fling everywhere, "No, um. My dad he—" before he could explain any further, the girl had, surprisingly, wrapped him in a hug. Her arms were thrown around his neck and she buried her head into his shoulder. He hesitated to return the embrace, but did so regardless. Eden didn't care that she was now soaking sweat, or that he smelled like wet dog. She knew the boy needed comfort, and as unfamiliar as she was with providing it, she wanted to try. She was a part of Derek's pack. And now, Isaac was too. Which meant they were a part of each other's pack. Whether or not they liked it, Eden and Isaac were in it together now.