xxxi. hypnotic horrors

CHAPTER 031HYPNOTIC HORRORS !

CHAPTER 031
HYPNOTIC HORRORS !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝖲𝖧𝖤 𝖲𝖳𝖠𝖱𝖤𝖣 𝖣𝖮𝖶𝖭 𝖠𝖳 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖲𝖢𝖤𝖭𝖤, the tub filled to the brim with ice and water, causing goosebumps to appear on her pale skin at just the thought of submerging her body in it. Scott stood beside her, while Stiles and Derek stood on the opposite side. The couple was still yet to speak on their semi-awkward interaction, involving the almost-confession of the three worded phrase; so for now, they gave each other glances when the other wasn't looking, silently pleading for the other to glance up and meet their gaze so they could communicate through their honey eyes. But almost as if they were meaning to, the other never looked up to make eye contact. Resulting in the awkwardness only increasing.

After speaking with Deaton, Isaac entered the room, kneeling down beside Eden to get a closer look at the tub. He could practically feel the coldness from where he sat, the ice almost taunting him as it glistened under the lights hanging from the ceiling.

"How slow does his heart rate need to be?" Asked a concerned Scott after hearing the brief explanation of how this form of hypnosis was going to work.

"Very slow," Deaton answered vaguely.

"Okay, well how slow is very slow?" Eden asked, her concern for the beta spiking at the bland answer. Isaac was the first friend she made in Beacon Hills after her return. The idea of him being in a dangerous situation put her on edge.

"Nearly dead."

Everyone's heads whipped up to look at the veterinarian, all suddenly feeling very doubtful of the idea of this working.

Isaac placed his hand in the water, immediately retracting it with a hiss as the water spiked his skin. "It's safe though, right?" He asked, looking up at the man from his spot on the ground.

"Do you want me to answer honestly?"

"No . . . no, not really."

From the other side of the room, the sound of rubber snapping caused all five people to glance up, their eyes landing on the pale boy who held his hand up as a latex glove covered it. Stiles wiggled his fingers, as everyone's faces displayed annoyance. "What?" He asked confusedly, oblivious to their exasperated thoughts concerning his child-like behavior.

Eden raised her eyebrows at him, silently telling him now was not the time for games, before rolling her eyes. The boy's face fell as he reluctantly pulled off the glove and threw it on the counter.