xv. everything has changed

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▬▬▬▬▬▬ 𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇
everything
has changed

▬▬▬▬▬▬ 𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇                              ↳ everything                                  has changed

           OBTAINING TICKETS FOR THE RAVE was at the top of Eden's to-do list. Fortunately for her, that task wasn't too difficult. With the ability to compel people, getting what she wanted came with ease. That, and it seemed that nearly everyone at Beacon Hills High School was intimidated by her. Once the tickets were retrieved, Eden met up with Stiles and Scott, who had also managed to get themselves tickets — courtesy of Isaac who went down the path of violence to obtain them. So now, with their minds set on going to the rave, they only needed a plan.

The usual brunette trio walked into the animal clinic, immediately heading towards the back room where Deaton was supposed to explain how they were going to take down the kanima.

"Ketamine?" Scott read aloud as the veterinarian held up a small glass vial of sed substance.

"It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage," Deaton said as he set down the vial on the metal table. "If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time."

Scott moved to pick up the ketamine as Stiles and Eden stood beside him, staring down at it with determined eyes. They needed this win.

The vet turned and grabbed another jar, this one filled with a black powder. "This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles. Only you." Recognizing the ash filled jar, Eden realized why she had felt so weak walking into the clinic.

Eden patted the buzzcut boy's back who stiffened at the sudden seriousness in Deaton's tone. "Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure. Can we maybe find a slightly less pressure-filled task for me?" He asked, picking up the jar as Eden linked her arm with his free one.

Deaton's lips twitched into a small smile before he continued his explanation. "It's from the mountain ash tree. Which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ash wood, making it difficult for someone like Scott or Eden, to cause me any trouble," he informed, his eyes lingering on Eden momentarily as he spoke. Although the man knew she was not a threat, as she was on good terms with Scott, and he trusted the werewolf, heretics had a bad habit of raising havoc. He was simply... preparing himself for the time.

"Okay, so then what? I just— spread this around the whole building and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?" Stiles asked.