𝐭 𝐰 𝐨

καφές (Coffee)

καφές (Coffee)

I took another sip of my rose latte, listening to my best friend talk about the latest Netflix show she's into, until her eyes averted behind me to where the entrance of the cafe was. Bailey cleared her throat, and I unconsciously straightened up in my seat.

"Green-haired girl, devil and gang. Six o' clock." Bailey warned, her voice hushed and low. 'Devil' was the nickname we made up for Rio. It started out as a joke, when she told me about how he almost never smiles, and how he appears to have no feelings. I randomly told her that he reminded me of the Devil, seeing how he's always wearing black, and that's how the nickname came about.

I turned my head slightly to my back, seeing how the entire cafe went into a complete silence for a moment until they reached the counter to order their drinks. Maya aka the green-haired girl, slipped her arm into Rio's, while he had both his hands in the pockets of his black jacket. Behind the both of them were Rio's two friends, Mason and Liam who each had a girl on their arms. Typical.

While Rio nailed the dark, brooding type, his two best friends were the complete opposite of him. Mason was a handsome African-American with the most approachable personality among the other two, serious but a caring, sweetheart at the same time. Liam, however was the most playful and jovial one of the lot, with ocean blue eyes and blonde hair, he rocked the total 'it-boy' look. Rio was the tallest of the two, followed by Mason, then Liam, but they were all still taller than most males, considering they were part of the basketball team.

The loud and bustling chatter turned into hushed whispers, as the students in the cafe tried to catch stealing glances at the group, me included. Like I said, their presence was too overbearing to ignore. My eyes dropped to Maya's hand caressing Rio's bicep as she ordered her drink, and I could feel the surge of jealousy coming over me again.

I looked back at Bailey who was probably the only one who avoided looking at them. Mason and her had history, a sensitive spot for her. She rarely talks about him, but I knew they used to be neighbours. Whenever they're in the same vicinity though, they would always avoid each other, like now. For some reason, she looked to be more perplexed than usual today.

"One blueberry almond milk latte." I repeated Madam Rosie's words in my head, knowing that it was for Rio. He always ordered the same drink. I always liked the fact he liked blueberries, another trivial thing we had in common.

After taking their drinks, I held in a breath and hung my head downwards, focusing on the wooden table, as they walked past our table. I lifted my head and saw his back, strong and sturdy as always. The shortly trimmed hair at the nape of his neck was the only boyish thing about him, the rest of him appeared very manly and mysterious.