𝐭 𝐰 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐲

αιθέριος (Ethereal)

αιθέριος (Ethereal)

"See, we didn't break anything this time." She quips against my lips.

I laugh, breaking away from the kiss. Her cheeks flame with a blush I never want to see disappear, and the lips I kissed smiles shyly, as she tries to avoid eye contact.

I pull her closer to me, my hands go around her waist, and my chin rests on the top of her head. I feel her arms snake around my waist and we stay like for a moment until I speak against her hair, "I've never been in a proper relationship before, Bella. I'm warning you to choose wisely, Bella. If you choose to be with me, you're going to have to teach me how to do this, how to make this work. And I know this may sound selfish, but I can't stand us being just friends if every time I look at you, I really just want to kiss you and more..." I shake my head, continuing, "But whatever is it you choose, I'll respect your choice, Bella."

I feel her move in my arms, as she rests her chin on my chest to peer up at me, "I've never been in a proper relationship before either, Rio. We'll learn together, how to do this right, how to make this work." She stops, forming her next words, "Relationships are meant to be messy. But I need to know something."

I pause for her to continue, "Do you have like a secret girlfriend or like someone else in your life in general?"

My nose scrunches, "No, not that I know any of. A secret girlfriend? Do I need to know of any secret boyfriends?"

She chuckles softly, "No. It's just important to me, I...I'll tell you someday, alright?" I nod and hug her tighter in my arms.

"Abuela needs to know." She declares, and I can't help but smile at the mention of her Abuela.

"She knows." I say.

Bella pulls away to look at me, "What?"

"That day. When we nudged our pinkies."

Her eyebrows furrow, "She knew just by catching us nudge pinkies?" She asks in disbelief.

"Not really. I admitted to her that I liked you when she asked if I did. She had a feeling we would be good together but she gave me a precise warning, something about not giving you roses and giving you the world." I intertwine my fingers with her hair, gently playing with it.

A soft smile graces her lips, and I lean in to peck her lips again, catching her off guard.

"What was that for?"

"A promise to give you the world."

She raises her pinky to mine, "Promise?"