𝐭 𝐞 𝐧

αγνώστους (Strangers)

After seeing her leave, I get into my car, not driving home but to where the party was being held. Reaching the street, I see cars parked everywhere, the loud music booming from a familiar mansion. I park my car, and walk towards the white mansion.

Liam stands at the doorway, talking to some of our teammates, a brunette has her hands around his waist, as he drinks from the plastic red cup. I mentally roll my eyes when they start dry humping against each other with their tongues stuck down their throats. I swear I will never understand him, how open this guy is, and how easy going his life is.

"Rio, my man." He slurs, smiling droopily. He reaches out his arm to sling it over my shoulder, walking with me through the crowded house.

Mason spots us from the top floor when he comes down with an unfamiliar guy. The guy was almost as tall as me, with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. They walk towards us, and I look to Liam in question, but he suddenly entangled himself from me, drunk talking his way to a group of girls across the hallway.

"This is Arthur." Mason says, pointing to the male beside him. Arthur raises his hand to give me a handshake.

He introduces himself again, "Hi, I'm Arthur. I'm joining the basketball team next week. You must be Rio, captain right?" Then it clicks, Coach Jenson did mention him about a week ago.

"Coach mentioned you were coming. Where are you from?" I nod to his question then ask him.

"I'm from here, actually. I took 2 gap years, so technically I'm 21 but I'm in my second year now."

We chat, taking some booze along the way, "What'd you do in your gap years?" I ask.

"Travelling." He sips his drink, as we stand at the less crowded patio, overlooking the pool. "Writing requires creativity and experiences, and I thought why not travel? It's a good way to see the world, and the different cultures, gain new experiences."

"Not everyone has the finance and time though." I say, suddenly thinking of how Bella wanted the prize trip so badly.

"True."

More basketball talks along the way, made me think that he would actually make a really good player for our team. A familiar voice breaks us from our conversation.

"Rio?"

I turn to the silvery voice I've missed, a bright smile on my lips, "Hey."

She smiles cheekily, opening her arms as she walks to me, and I gladly hug her back. I missed her.

Roxy.

"You look... wow, you look beautiful, Rox." I tell her, because really she is. I met Roxy when I first came to college, she was in the same major as me, and we hit it off pretty quickly. Well, yes, it did start as an extremely hot one night stand, but we realised we enjoyed each other's company a little too much, and although we weren't exclusively dating or anything, we became friends...with benefits.