𝐟 𝐢 𝐯 𝐞

ανάθεση εργασίας (Assignment)

I walked to the hall where the orientation was being held, clutching my backpack close to myself. After saying goodbye to Bailey, I told her I'd get back a ride home by myself once the orientation was over.

The hall was already almost filled with all the students, I looked around to see if I knew anyone, but as far as I knew, only a handful of students from my major were attending. Most of those who were attending were from the linguistic major, archaeology major, art major and sculpture major.

The orientation hadn't begun, and some of the students were chatting in their own groups, I couldn't help but feel like I stuck out like a sore thumb. Two people on the stage caught my attention. They were talking like old buddies while adjusting the projector and scanning through the slides on the laptop's screen.

Mr. Alexander clapped Rio's back, laughing at something he said, and Rio's lips curved into a smile similar to the one he gave Madam Rosie. My heart bursted at the sight of him smiling. He wasn't wearing black today, which was surprising, but he looked deliciously handsome the same. His skinny denim jeans fit right on him, highlighting his thigh muscles and the dark green sweatshirt complemented his overall look.

I hopelessly stared until I realised I wasn't the only one. A group of girls were sneaking glances at him, and pretending to converse with one another hoping to draw his attention to them. And boy, could they catch anyone's attention, I could never compare to the perfectly styled hairstyles, expensive branded clothing, the ideal height and flawless makeup. I decided to find a seat, and prepare the things I needed.

"Bella!" A shout came from behind where I was standing. I turned back to see a classmate of mine.

"Hey, Callum." I replied unenthusiastically, as he walked closer towards me.

"I didn't know you were joining this program too." He says, smiling sheepishly. He ruffled his golden hair, flexing his muscles when he did so. Callum was handsome , I'd give him that. He fit the term, golden boy, with his good looks, golden hair and his reputation as the star player of the football team. But, I wasn't attracted to him, well once upon a time, maybe, but his work ethic was what put me off.

There was a time when Mrs. Anderson gave us a group project to do, and he was in my group. He ended up not doing anything and pushed his responsibilities to the rest of us with the excuse that he was busy for his then upcoming football competitions.

"Yeah. I didn't you were too." I gave him a tight smile, and walked to the seat nearby. He followed me, but some girl called out for him, and gave me an apologetic smile and turned to follow her instead. I was half thankful for the girl's interference and half nervous that I didn't really know anyone else.

Mr. Alexander came by, and I stood up to greet him. "So glad you joined, Bella. I was going to surprise you when I saw your name on the list, but my wife spoiled the surprise, huh?" My nerves slowly settled, maybe I didn't know everyone else well, but at least I knew Mr. Alexander.